Blank Profiles SUCK!

I'm the dude who enjoyed my 15 minutes of fame way back in 92, at the age of 32, when I invented the first settable, retrievable from the ground cambium saving device for lifelines, called Cambium Savers, leather tubed CS's that sold retail for about 25 bucks. Got me on the cover of Arbor Age Mag that year. Got introduced to a few industry shakers like Harris, Shigo and Blair.

Shortly after Buckingham introduced ringed friction savers, etc.

And while cambium saving devices are quite common now, even mandated by some contracts and regs?

In 91 it was an industry wide dirty secret how much damage repeated use of a climbing line in the same tree did over the years. I got WCISA certified in 91, the testing took place in Hart Park, Orange County/LA. Each work climb tree had dead and dying heads, mostly sycamores, with massive crotch wounding from years of use as testing trees.

That was the impetus for me developing the leather tube CS. It was only after all the synthetic materials I tried burned holes through at the friction point from heat, and I patched one of them with leather from an old boot, and it took the heat with no problem? I knew I had found the right stuff!

15 minutes are up and gone now though!

I find being all humble bout it hard in all truth. Tree climbers are show offs with egos or they wouldn't post vids of themselves on YouTube. It's like an actor with an agent and picture portfolio sayin I'm really quite shy, like a bloody self evident hypocrite!

Top O the world ma!

Jomo

Lima is neat country. I was west of Dell Montana last year to buy some cows. Steep coulees and nice creeks, then on the other side, big open basins. There is an old wagon trail that you see signs for once in a while when you are on the back roads to Clark Canyon dam. I guess it was a trade route back in the day.

No, not really. The dang USPTO determined the concept was too similar to a garden hose staked tree, to be granted a patent. Arguing with them costs 2 grand a pop through an attorney. I argued with them 3 times, 6K, on top of 3K to file initially.

And no I didn't net anywhere close to 9K selling CS's.

But have extremely fond memories of packaging shiny new CS's with my three young toddlers as part of the assembly line, each tube got a dash of baby powder inside to make it fresh n slippery, the instruction sheet, then bagged n boxed.

Good times n memories mates!

Jomo

You would think that, but there's got to be some payoff- right? Or the good folks at Treemagineers wouldn't give two shakes.

But have extremely fond memories of packaging shiny new CS's with my three young toddlers as part of the assembly line, each tube got a dash of baby powder inside to make it fresh n slippery, the instruction sheet, then bagged n boxed.

Good times n memories mates!

Jomo
And to me, that is worth millions!

Good on you bro, what a fantastic memory....

Funny.

The zig zag looked to me the one mechanical system I would've purchased. Did it get bad reviews? Besides the product failing of course...

Or--- just tell me there's a thread about it and I'll go find it.

Funny.

The zig zag looked to me the one mechanical system I would've purchased. Did it get bad reviews? Besides the product failing of course...

Or--- just tell me there's a thread about it and I'll go find it.
As far as zz2 is concerned They seem to be as popular as the first ATM, I can't get them off the shelf yet,so I'll wait and see how they pan out before buying.

Good one jomo. There needs to be more story telling on this site. One doesn't have to be "old", to tell a jolly "old" tale. Could even involve the ladies for all I care, why not.
Firefighter you didn't happen to purchase Scottish Highlanders did you? I am on mission to find out exactly who everyone is , where they live their phone # and family history. Once the snow melts that will be a long lost goal.

I am on mission to find out exactly who everyone is , where they live their phone # and family history. Once the snow melts that will be a long lost goal.

I can show you where a lot live but the phone numbers are private. 8)https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?12375-Where-Are-You-City-and-State-gt-gt-gt

That thread needs a bump anyway, and so does this one. Sure a lot of MIA's in there now. https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?4333-How-did-you-find-the-TreeHouse

Thanks Steve. That is a good thread, kind of like "all together now" and "everyone's checking in to home base". Interesting about the MIA's. I will probably be rare around here also once spring gets a hold. The lumber market is speeding up while I am slowing down. Isn't it summer in your neck of the woods?

Back