Mini Mod, Suitcase Weights

brendonv

Tree Hugger
Did a little fab this morning. Been wanting to add some removable weight on the mini, got these JD weights, and some steel. It'll end up adding around 250lb in the end.

There's room for more too. :lol:

You're lucky your dad took the Harley to work! Looks tits, the only downside is it'll wheelie like a bastard on hills now, even with the grapple on it, unless you walk.

How much were the weights? The green paint probably doubled the price. ETA: Looks like about $45 a piece, not bad at all! Going to paint them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's why they have handles, take 'em off for everyday work. Throw 'em on for getting shit done.

I couldn't find the weights for cheaper than $60 a peice shipped online. A blind call to a local JD/Stihl shop, $40.

Thanks, just finished up the other side, minus paint.

It sure does turn nice on asphault now. hahaha

I just realized I might have been misleading. Are you going to paint the weights or leave them green?

That's waycool, Brendon. I wonder why they don't come that way to begin with?

How much did you pay for the weights?

They'll stay green, I'll paint the brackets once I find a can of Thomas touch up paint.

The weights were $40 each, about a dollar a lb. The good thing is they aren't dedicated to my machine, when I get a garden tractor I can use them on there, also in the back of my mini pickup in winter. I planned on doing only 160lbs, but there's room so I'll pick up two more.

That is pretty sick, I might have to do that to mine once I get the spare time and will. 240lbs of me, 240lbs of counterweights, and Derrick on the back and it outta be picking up what it should :lol:

It picked that cedar up no problem when I was your counterweight. Imagine that full time without the gayness of us cuddling on the platform.

That's a sweet idea Brendan! I bet all the Redneck girls in Conn. are gonna be knocking soon! :P

....wait... Are there Redneck girls up there? I know Vermont has a few! :lol:

Brendon, looks real nice, Just add some little high protein drink to your diet now, and moving those weights around is going to give you some big moosles.....like Carl.

That si a great idea Brendon. You should try to sell it to the manufacturer. I am sure it will be an option next year.

Nice!
You are a dangerous man with a welder.8)

If you do use the weights in the back of the pickup. Make a bracket to keep them secure. Don't want one of those shooting through the cab in an incident.

Back