So, what did ya'll eat for breakfast this morning?

rumination

Migratory Hippie Arbolist
I'm always looking for good easy breakfast options. I tend to eat the same thing every day until I'm totally sick of it and then switch to something else.

Right now breakfast is usually a bowl of oatmeal with a big dollop of crunchy peanut butter mixed in, a banana, and if I'm still hungry some more fruit or a fried/scrambled egg or two. Sometimes coffee or tea is involved, as well.

So what is everybody else snacking on this morning? :)

Rumi, MB loves the oatmeal and peanut butter! I personally don't eat breakfast very often. When I do, it is usually cantaloupe or watermelon. Once in a great, great while, the whole eggs, bacon, and toast, always eaten out.

My back's been hurting so I had a Vicodin for breakfast - man, that was different.

My kids have eggs, bacon, and toast every morning - prepared with love by Dad.

Bagel and (lite) cream cheese....same thing I've had 99% of every morning for the past decade or two. Leon, that sounds like a pretty healthy breakfast....protein, fiber, 'good' fat.

I usually do the caffeine and nicotine breakfast.

Im rarely hungry before 11 am.

My kids have eggs, bacon, and toast every morning

Butter on the toast, too - right? And whole milk? Man, that's a breakfast straight outta the 50's. I would never give that to my loved ones every day.

Once or twice a month, at the most.

Butter on the toast, too - right? And whole milk? Man, that's a breakfast straight outta the 50's. I would never give that to my loved ones every day.

Once or twice a month, at the most.

Kids can eat that everyday as long as they get exercise (and mine do). There's no way that my wife and I could eat that all the time, though.

I disagree. The children see what James and his wife do and that is what's important.

Children are watching at all times.

Fred

usually just coffee. some times ill crack 2 eggs in a ziplock with onions and cheese and zap in the microwave for 2 minutes!

Kids can handle a lot more fat than adults can. Remember they are putting on weight and growing taller at an amazing rate. The key is exercise. We are more apt to limit sugar than we are fat.

And at what age do they magically change to eating healthy whole grains, fruits, cerals and oatmeals?

I bet $100 I'm right and you're wrong.

Where's Newfies wife?

I dont eat breakfast much these days, if I do its an egg, couple slices whole grain toast with a little butter and the odd time a slice or two (literally, not a plate full) of bacon cooked till its crunchy.

My wife would disagree with you James, healthy is healthy no matter what the age, and fatty food goes to work on the arteries young and old they're not picky. I ain't trying to start nothing just saying is all, we are having a hard time getting our daughter to eat healthy as she's just like me very picky.

Dinner tonight was chicken, brown rice, and salad yum yum :( . Do I really want to live forever?

Breakfast is oatmeal and a banana or some other kind of fruit and an egg either poached or scrambled. Often we just opt for egg whites. Sometimes I opt right out and fall back into my old pattern of drinking coffee all morning and skipping breakfast and feeling like crap by about lunch.

Pancakes on the weekend though!:D

And at what age do they magically change to eating healthy whole grains, fruits, cerals and oatmeals?

How many pre-adolescent kids have you heard of having heart attacks or strokes or any of the other fatty diet related diseases? In any case, I didn't give you their entire daily diet - just breakfast.

And THAT'S BS! Have you seen the stats on overweight and obese children lately?

BABIES need a high fat diet, hence colostrum. Milk is for babies!

I see very few obese or overweight children at the school where my kids go - but I am talking about the under 12 age group.

My wife would disagree with you James, healthy is healthy no matter what the age....

Really? No difference given for age, activity level, sex, health history, etc? Same definition of healthy across the board? I can't agree with that.

OK, let's hear lunch and supper. I hope it's WAY different than their most important meal of the day.

Dinner was brisket, beets, mixed veggies (brocolli, cauliflower, carrots), rice, and mashed potatoes. They ate it all.

Lunch is usually some sort of sandwich, a bad of fruits or veggies, cheese.

Really? No difference given for age, activity level, sex, health history, etc? same definition of healthy across the board. I can't agree with that.

Your still wrong.

Dinner was brisket, beets, mixed veggies (brocolli, cauliflower, carrots), rice, and mashed potatoes. They ate it all.

Lunch is usually some sort of sandwich, a bad of fruits or veggies, cheese.

Other than (and I assume the bread is whole wheat) the cheese, that is GREAT! It appears breakfast is the problem. ;)

Back