So, what did ya'll eat for breakfast this morning?

How many kids have you raised, Butch? You seem to be coming down awfully hard on James for something that started out as a casual conversation.

3 cups of coffee here. And when I was 10-12, I ate a big breakfast of eggs, bacon, cheesy home fries, toast and a big glass of whole milk every day. ;)

How many kids have you raised, Butch? You seem to be coming down awfully hard on James for something that started out as a casual conversation.

Ha, I don't mean to - I'm trying to use smileys to convey my "just busting your balls" attitude. James posts that he feeds his kids death food then says he does it with "love."

It just struck a nerve... :|:

I'm assuming you wouldn't approve of the cheese omelettes I occasionally prepare?

If more than one (or two!:\: ) yolks are involved, then yes.

3 cups of coffee here. And when I was 10-12, I ate a big breakfast of eggs, bacon, cheesy home fries, toast and a big glass of whole milk every day. ;)

My granddad was a farmer - worked everyday of his life and ate a diet that should killed him instantly - fried steak, eggs (huge plates of em), real bacon, whole milk fresh from the cow, etc. He lived into his 80's and was active until the end.

I still think exercise has a lot to do with it.

I don't know the exacto's of it, but I'll run it by my wife when she gets back from the gym. I know my argument of aww c'mon she's only three she can have that never flies with my wife. And whenever we do luck out and get to have fries made at home ya know the cholesterol/bad fat free kind, my wife always apologies to our arteries while serving them.

Now I'm not saying that you're doing anything wrong Jame's just saying that certainly bad food, is bad no matter what the age. The effects may not be apparent nearly as immediately as in us adults, but you are what you eat.

Diet should be based on knowledge though not marketing or just taste buds. It's like most things you need to focus on your goal and set realistic plans in place to get/maintain whatever it is. It's a 100% personal choice and really we can only make the call for ourselves.

My wife has a B.S. in food science and my brother is a surgeon, both agree that there is more good cholesterol in eggs than bad and that cheese should be part of a healthy diet.

Main thing is everything in moderation. I doubt James feeds his kids bacon every morning, but I bet he won't admit it now.

Fred

My wife has a B.S. in food science and my brother is a surgeon, both agree that there is more good cholesterol in eggs than bad and that cheese should be part of a healthy diet.

Main thing is everything in moderation. I doubt James feeds his kids bacon every morning, but I bet he won't admit it now.

Fred

I won't even admit I have kids. Someone may send CPS down for a visit.

The whites are the good stuff and the yolks are the bad :( , that's why the yolk tastes so good. See I've figured it out, Squisher's guide to healthy eating. If it taste's good unfortunately you really shouldn't be eating it.

And damn I want some bacon in the worst way now.

For sure it is, as parent's we are charged with protecting children and teaching and guiding them until they can do so themselves.

I'm just glad I could do my part to stretch this thread to 5 frikken pages!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey thanks! First thread I've started in ages and it's taken off like wild fire.

Let's hear some more breakfasts...

Lol, who else want's to jump in and get all fired up over nothing :blob6:

yeeeeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaaawwwwwww!!!!!!!!

Scrambled eggs, bagel with butter, coffee, orange juice.:\: V the other day (Sunday) we had linguisa cooked on the grill, eggs, toast, and coffee/orange juice. Incredible, but I was drinking water the rest of the day to get all the salt out of my system. Those kind of breakfasts are good, you just can't have them everyday. Anybody make biscuits and gravy here?

Okay I admit it. I'm calling James a liar. ROFL

I don't take people so literally. Just not in my nature.

I'm outta this one though. The problem with our kids is real, but I don't think James is hurting his kids. That's all.

Fred

Back