Sherril price: $ 77.00
Wespur price: $ 59.00
My price: $ 50.00

Jameson Head with adapter
Sherrill price: $ 24.00
Wespur: $ 15.92
My price: $ 11.93

WOW, I saved a bunch of money!

How's that work? If you find a lower price they give you another 50% off?

To me that's a little cheesy, looks like if you didn't do your homework they would've seriously burned you. While the retailer actually selling at a much fairer price gets you a better deal but loses the sale due to this sale 'tactic'.

Orrrr am I confused?:|:

Good job Gigi. Saved a ton, especially if you normally shop at Sherrill's. I wonder why they have such a disparity in pricing with Wespur?

why am I not surprised. :what:
almost every successful American businessman sells out, usually to a foreign group of investors. they call it the greatest transfer of wealth ever.:?

Fug that sales gimmick. Squish is right, if you did not check prices they would be just as happy hosing you.

You guys bitch about "any tree for $700.00" but if you can buy goods at hack pricing techniques its a good deal??

I still believe in spreading the wealth and buy from Sherrill's, Wesspur and Bailey's. Sometimes I am a price shopper but I usually pick the company that has most of the items I need at the given time an buy from them. The 150% price difference guarantee is the type of thing one company uses to drive another company out of business. Walmart has a similar guarantee to match or beat any local retailers price. It doesn't use the tactic against other national chains, just local retailers. I am not cool with that.

Larger corporations are eager to buy out smaller successful business's because it expands their market share and sales throughout.

Tobe took his father's local lawn mower and gardening shop and turned it into what it is today. And rolled it over it appears. It's his prerogative and good for him, but I hate to see any small private business go by the wayside of the corporate ways. Too many times employees and customers alike lose some qualities of the small private business ethic.

By the way Gi Gi, where are you getting all those great deals anyway?

Fug that sales gimmick. Squish is right, if you did not check prices they would be just as happy hosing you.

You guys bitch about "any tree for $700.00" but if you can buy goods at hack pricing techniques its a good deal??

+1

I'd be interested to know if there are any price discrepancies like that but reversed where Wesspur is that much higher than Sherrill on a item? Anyone?

Why the hate at another's success?

hate is way too strong a word. I am disappointed knowing whats next.

and Tobe IS reaping the benefits of his success. more power to him. but companies lose their personality,and high levels of service as they get absorbed.

sherrills is changing, bottom line. I remember when they had a store in Williamsburg VA. that was a good thing. they like catalogs better.

it's about the best price yall,...........do you think wespur may counter this tactic?

Hey, thanks, Che!

That will most certainly shake up the rest of the competition out there. Good for customers, for now. But if Sherrill's is really corporate, in theory they can absorb these costs as a way to stomp on the competition to gain market share. Then jack up the price to what they want. Not only to the customer, but with the wholesaler too.

I like a good deal as much as anyone else, but it hurts me to see this kind of market manipulation. In the long run we wont have a choice of where we buy.

Call me an old fuddy duddy, but I have seen this scenario played out many times.

The first two prices are wesspur's Christmas sale...geez take it easy...

So they will match others "sale" prices too?

I say good for Sherrill, its about time. They've always been over overpriced. Nothing wrong with trying to be more competitive.

Back