Your niche?

My niche is big ugly removals for cheap. Kinda dumb to bid cheap but with the setup we have now we bang em out quick and make out OK. Being cheap has kept me busy when others are slow but I am now really trying to raise my prices.....Might be tough though as I think things are going to get slow again....

I don't think I have a niche really, maybe because I haven't been out in the legit world long enough. We show up, do the work, clean up, and be pro about it. I think that is a good start considering 60% of this years work has been word of mouth. Now if it would just stop raining I could be cutting instead of typing.

Excellent cleanup should be a niche we all possess. Average folks don't give a damn how awesome you swung those trees around. They only see the end result. No ruts and immaculate yard= happy customer.

This niche concept is interesting to contemplate when you try to apply it to my situation.

I guess my role instructing and certifying climbers, sawyers, and several other specialty skill categories would count, not too many in the FS that can match my portfolio and reputation there.

I have made something of a name for myself felling hazard trees in ugly circumstances that some others might not tackle.

I guess because I've been successful in the past handling some odd, less than straightforward situations, I get called in to troubleshoot/problem solve...anything from rigging systems to retreive a car from a river in a canyon to dealing with protestor occupied-structures blocking gates or roads...that's a niche I occupy, too.

None of the above is in my official position description :D.

Ah yes, darn you slow 3G connection! No slur on your fine and upstanding character intended mr b!

I don't have a niche.
I suck equally at everything I do:lol:

For now it is clean up, after I do a job you can go through the yard and not find one little twig. I hand rake it all then blow out the yard real good, saw dust too.

Stealing things from the Clients Garden.Never bought a Rake in 15 years..no one suspects the smooth talking Kiwi with the easy Smile.

I've always taken pride in my work ethic. I'll let you know which part of treework I excel at the next time I get some...:whine: It's been so long I might take a 50% reduction on a caragana hedge if that's what comes up.

Crane work I guess, more of that than anything else...and going through a whole bag of tortilla chips at lunch. Once I start..... To my defense, the bags of chips that they sell here have a lot of air in them.

Often I clean my saws when I get home at night, hate that oily grime. A clean saw is a happy saw! Probably more crazy than a niche.

I used to wreck the big uglies, fortunate to have met Top then he started doing the big wrecks.
Client education, customer communication & service, we always did our best to keep our word

Now I tangented off into Mini loaders sales and Tree guy attachments

Thanks Burn, not to many guys doing it so that makes it a lot easier - the niche thing

I think you have one of the most Romantic tree guy jobs in the world, sure looks green on your side of the fence.

I usually only tell y'all about the good stuff...remember me bitching about once again laying in the bottom of a muddy ditch, jacking a squashed culvert inlet open? Those days come as often as the sweet ones (and in reality, that job was WAY better than the District Leadership Team meetings I'm too often roped into :D)...but I've got no complaints; this has been and still is a good gig for a guy like me.

Back