X-Rigging Slings

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I found it:
Well I was late to the game with this (Tom Hoffmann got his done first). When I received the big ring this was the first thing I thought of. An overhand knot in 1/2" rigging line easily passes through the larger ring and catches on the smaller ring. Just like a plain old R&r friction saver I guess you can call this a X-R&r.

It is just under 8' long (7'9"), made of 3/4" Husky Double Braid Bull Rope with a published MBS of 23,000 lbs.

The new 38x28 XRR is made exclusively for XAS. Pretty cool, cant wait to try it out.

4.JPG

3.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

6.JPG

5.JPG

Is that the biggest ring made? Looks big. What size rope capacity?

I really am due for some. I'm wrecking a big maple today and tomorrow, and was thinking about breaking out blocks, but don't really feel like it, but need double braid strength.

I like these a lot, but I really don't need one 5'.

If I'm setting this from the ground, chances are with the removals I do, even a 3' would probably be a little on the large size.
I already have a few X-slings sitting in my cart over at TreeStuff.

I'll see what nick? How it sits in my gear bag, not splicing itself?

I wouldn't even know where to start. No tools, no prior knowledge. When you've done something as well as you have and for as long, it's easy to forget that it's not second nature to the rest of us. My employer doesn't know one knot. I've even shown him -and purchased those cute plastic knot cards. Still nothing. I'm not saying I'm like that, but you get the picture.

Give yourself some credit. I learned pretty much by myself. There is so much info/vids on the Internet it will be easy. Hollow braids like Tenex is the best way to start.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Not to mention if you pm Nick with any questions he will totally help you out. I know I have asked for help from him on several occasions. I'm sure others would love to help out as well.

You know, I have been putting this off way too long— and I'm ready to get off the pot, "calm down butch," I'm talking bout the crapper.

I'll totally give it a shot soon, but I don't think I'll be attaching anything that is load sensitive for awhile. I'm excited about this, I think I'll have a niche for it...

Why would you? Class one is polyester and class two are the high tech fibers. Thays how I think of it. Basically Tenex or Yalex are class one and things like Amsteel are class 2.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong or incomplete.....

...When you've done something as well as you have and for as long, it's easy to forget that it's not second nature to the rest of us...

Understood. But I'm quite certain that my unworldly splicing skills haven't separated me from remembering the skills of mere mortals like yourself. I've trained hundreds of people over the years. If you have 6 good fingers, understand what a ruler is and have access to some rudimentary tools (sharpie, masking tape, scissors, needle, thread) then I'm certain you can do it.

love
nick

Mmm, I have been thinking about those...saves clipping and unclipping pulleys/blocks

I've been thinking about these too, it sure would be nice to be able to set a high HD rigging point with just my bigshot. I don't like the multiplication of force you get setting a block w/ a rigging line.

I took my first baby step today.... Bought a medium x ring to play around with. I'm just going to make a tenex dead eye sling. If I like it, I'm sure there will be more to come.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

After the initial bullshit that david Driver pulled with these rings, I had sworn never to buy one.
Well, that didn't hold for long.
Last time we ordered stuff from Treestuff, we got us a couple of different varieties.

I'll have to say, reluctantly, that they are the cat's ass for light rigging.
Only complaint I have is that the slings on these are way too short.

Here's my first go with an X-ring. Light rigging sling. Kind of cool I think.

hepezyde.jpg
ymy9u4ar.jpg
ysuhymev.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Back