X-Rigging Rings Tree Work Videos

Bixler

TreeHouser
New York's finest Lawrence Schultz team up with theXman David Driver and the Beast Ring Boys are born.

Incredible video of rigging large Oak in tight quarters using X rigging rings and HOBBS lowering device.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Tsn40eludZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Excellent work and video...big limbs and big wood. Some good roping there...why not use a crane? Traffic problems?

Is there an advantage to using the rings on big wood? Seems a larger bend radius with a block would be better on the lines?

I myself wouldn't use those rings on big wood. No way. But its cool to see someone else have good luck in doing so.

Cool vid. Id use them for limbs, big wood seems questionable. To me, in my mind, the bend radius is the same whether 2 or 10 rings. We get by with a pulley. Sometimes ill get crazy and use two! Cool vid and rigging!

Id rather not have the friction of the rings. As smooth as they are, a pulley spins with load.

Here's his YoutubeChannel

here's a video i of his that I like
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p_zbVXr6WcM?list=UUuoueCKy2cRT4vBW_UsFj4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
in a large part due to the music selection.

Good stuff. Good climbers ... good rigging shots. Well done.
Bit of an old block man myself. Happy to see I am not the only one taking the cranes money ;)

Thank you for inviting me August and thanks Butch for your excitement when you saw that I signed up.

I was expecting to sign up this winter when I had some time, but this thread and the resulting posts show me that it was a important to come now and chat with the members. Let me look over the responses again and try to answer any questions or concerns. These rings are extremely foreign and odd to many people still. New and different tools often create anxiety when it's different from what you have been using for years and years.

Excellent work and video...big limbs and big wood. Some good roping there...why not use a crane? Traffic problems?

the crane question: It would have blocked the street and residents would have been pissed. Plus it was New York city, so I expect you need a pricey permit to do that. Plus, as a likely perspective of the little tree service owner, why not hire Lawrence Schultz for 2 to 3 times less than what a crane would cost and Lawrence would even invite up his friend (me).

Good question though.

Heck of a climber.
Lawrence is. He actually won the New York tree climbing championship this year.

Me.... I'm old.

Is there an advantage to using the rings on big wood? Seems a larger bend radius with a block would be better on the lines?

Awesome question treesmith! Yes there is. Big time advantages. Let me search for some pictures to help with my explanation.

I myself wouldn't use those rings on big wood. No way. But its cool to see someone else have good luck in doing so.

I might have reacted just a you years ago. I LOVED blocks.

Id rather not have the friction of the rings. As smooth as they are, a pulley spins with load.
Tucker, the little bit of friction is a huge advantage. I'll explain. Also, don't take this as me confronting you, I'M NOT, your initial opinion is one that thousands of people would feel the same about. I'm really glad that you have spoken your initial thoughts on this. It needs to be talked about.

Good vid

mid-line attachable is what I like, block man here

BOTS !

think about this..... when you install a block in the tree, where is the end of the rope? Is it right there with you?
Also, I'm in no way trying to be rude. Your concern is one that MANY have with the rings, so I'm so glad you brought it up.
Once people use them, if they had that concern, it goes away.

this sucks, can't find a good diagram anywhere to help explain, I'll try to draw it....

Back