X-Rigging Rings Tree Work Videos

These rings look cool. I'll have to meditate on this some. So it's true it lowers stress on the rigging point? That's been proven with load cells or something?

And welcome to The House X-man.

I love these things as re-directs. Great way to take full advantage of the compressive strength of the tree, or add more rope into a system.

Dirty ropes will kill them in short order.

xring.JPG

David, when you get a chance, can you offer up some recommendations on how to secure the xrings to the tree? Especially for negative rigging. I was playing with this today while working and I what I was doing was not working very well. :-)

holy crap Grendel ! that's crazy, use gritty rope a lot? unreal !

Squisher, to find literature on the forces at play when using a block, other than what I say, try TCIA Best Practices in rigging or things like that. Or I'm sure others like Gerry B or maybe Tony from North American Training Solutions or someone like that can chime in.

The amount of friction at the rings is going to vary from what size ring, what size rope, how many rings, etc. So, in my diagram I just guessed at numbers. In the real world, there is a difference and it is evident.

If you are use to blocks and how things react when lowering for years and then you use the rings, you will see the difference and like it.

It is significant.

With multiple rigging points using rings, my groundman rarily goes beyond one or two wraps on the hobbs or grcs on large limbs or logs. Where.... we use to do 3 or 4 wraps with blocks.

BOTS, that's cool, I understand. I'm not trying to get everyone to scrap their blocks or pulleys, merely explaining why these rings might be another good tool to have.
I almost put up for sale all my blocks, then decided it wasn't worth the effort to sell them and I do still use them here and there. mainly for pulling trees over and lifting.

David, when you get a chance, can you offer up some recommendations on how to secure the xrings to the tree? Especially for negative rigging. I was playing with this today while working and I what I was doing was not working very well. :-)
FJR, what do you have to work with? What I mean is, do you have loose rings? Do you have a certain sling with splice ring? Either way, I can tell you how. I just don't want to have to write out 100 scenarios, so I'm asking that first.

Awesome video guys, and welcome to the forum. In my opinion the comparison of X-rings to a Block is SRT to DRT, or a crescent wrench to a socket. They are tools with different specialties that can work together to make the job MUCH better. I have enjoyed having my X-rings for the last year. I highly recommend the blue triple ring device. It is quicker than a block and puts the right friction on a medium sized branch that you may not need a lowering device. I have to say my favorite part about the X-rings is using enough of them in your rigging plan when a large branch is cut and drops there is almost no movement with in tree. Thanks for the great products!

I use the blue triple a LOT. Favorite quick rig lowering point. Love it, I just throw it out of the tree when I'm done. Welcome David, like you told me once, it's about time.

BOTS, that's cool, I understand. I'm not trying to get everyone to scrap their blocks or pulleys, merely explaining why these rings might be another good tool to have.
I almost put up for sale all my blocks, then decided it wasn't worth the effort to sell them and I do still use them here and there. mainly for pulling trees over and lifting.

No worries at all David, were glad you here, you have a good product with many use's :thumbup:

Squisher, to find literature on the forces at play when using a block, other than what I say, try TCIA Best Practices in rigging or things like that. Or I'm sure others like Gerry B or maybe Tony from North American Training Solutions or someone like that can chime in.

The amount of friction at the rings is going to vary from what size ring, what size rope, how many rings, etc. So, in my diagram I just guessed at numbers. In the real world, there is a difference and it is evident.

If you are use to blocks and how things react when lowering for years and then you use the rings, you will see the difference and like it.

It is significant.

With multiple rigging points using rings, my groundman rarily goes beyond one or two wraps on the hobbs or grcs on large limbs or logs. Where.... we use to do 3 or 4 wraps with blocks.

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I get what you're saying about all the variables. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to try a set. What is the most versatile set-up in yours (or anyone else's) opinion?

FJR, what do you have to work with? What I mean is, do you have loose rings? Do you have a certain sling with splice ring? Either way, I can tell you how. I just don't want to have to write out 100 scenarios, so I'm asking that first.

I have the rig and rings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/N5v-PtSuc2w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is it my ipad I can only see half the screen.
Is there something I can do to fix it?
I'm jonesin to see bix new vid!!!!
Please help:big-blue:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys, Grendel, Fiddler.

Sawman try link: http://youtu.be/N5v-PtSuc2w

Rangee Dangee!!! I'm sure I'll be back to take out the trees we rigged to sooner or later…. there's just way to many trees here, you can't cut enough of em down. I gave the HO an option for a control rope, they opted out to save the :big-money:

Thanks Reg, the Wraptor is my favorite tool. I can't help but smile every time I get a ride. I love it so much. I really do.

Nice Bix! You do your own editing? If so what are you using to do that? Thanks

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

Rangee Dangee!!! I'm sure I'll be back to take out the trees we rigged to sooner or later…. there's just way to many trees here, you can't cut enough of em down. I gave the HO an option for a control rope, they opted out to save the

Just curious bro! Awesome job as usual, keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bixler thanks for takin the time to post that link.
Great work as always!!!!!!
I guess two r.w. are better then one?:thumbup:

Thanks for all these videos guys! I'm loving watching these be put to use in all the different applications.

I'm for sure going to try at least the three ring for crotches...looks to be the best of both worlds against what I currently use and looking forward to checking it out.

Back