Wyclef lap guitar

NickfromWI

King of Splices
So for christmas Karina got us tickets to see Wyclef Jean at the House of Blues in Anaheim. I had never been to a music concert, so this was way cool. I don't know if all House of Blues are the same, but there was barely room for 1000 people in there. Were were seated about 80' away from the stage, on the balcony above what would best be described as a mosh pit.

It was frickin AWESOME. There was one part I thought you guitarers might be interested in. If you aren't interested at first, the best part is at about 1:35 in.

Sorry for the shakey camera. There was security mulling around, so I had to try to make it look like I wasn't breaking the law!

8)

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqUV-xMd9v0"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqUV-xMd9v0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Next time I'll bring ear plugs. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Seriously...does the music need to be THAT loud?

love
nick

Next time I'll bring ear plugs. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Seriously...does the music need to be THAT loud?

love
nick

I always carry ear plugs to any place where music is going to be played, even wedding receptions.

I'm not sure if my hearing damage is from loud concerts or tree work.

I am POSITIVE, my bad hearing is from concerts.:evil:

I have been to hundreds of shows, from clubs to arenas to festivals. Sounds like you were at a club show Nick, kinda suprised there was moshing at a Wyclef show though. I once saw Rage against the machine at a hockey arena that had cement instead of ice, THAT was a mosh pit!8)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No...it wasn't really moshing. It was mostly yuppie moshing. Standing around throwing their fists up, but keeping in mind that they had to go to work the next day. No pushing or shoving or throwing people or blood or anything like that.

Still...an awesome show. I'd be happy to go back.

love
nick

Back