Crane removal time lapse

• Thread starter LeviRockett
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 1K
L

LeviRockett

I know that Bixler and Bonner have already seen this but I thought I'd throw it up here for everyone else!
This is a video that a client made while we were working at his house.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gqKVJKsYY8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe that was the 24 ton crane. Usually we get another guy who comes from that company with a 30 ton but I'm pretty sure the little one is 24.

Yeah that's a sweet rig. My boss has been talking about buying a 10ton. Does anyone have experience with a crane this size? It seems like it would be valuable for a lot of random odds and ends but maybe more hassle than it's worth?

Sounds like a log truck not a crane. We used an 18 the other day and it was barely tolerable, using the 30 and 40 on the regular spoils us though. Some of these guys with the 50+ ton stuff must move some serious tree.

I think I agree with you for the most part although we do not have very big trees where I work in Boulder. I think he wants to get it to be more of a log picker or to get right on top of some one pick trees and put em through the chipper whole. It just seems like a lot of hassle to drive around and roll out and roll up a crane just for that.

I mean if you gave me the choice between rolling with the bucket, the 2 ton dump and a ball cart vs the bucket, the 2 ton, and a 10ton crane... Well, I think you can figure it out.

Good point. It's not my money!

Very true, I already have a bad back and I'm only 25! I was more saying that if it was my money I would buy a sailboat!

Back