WTB Brush Bandit

Nice deal, good luck with it. What state did you pick it up in, and how'd you find out about it.?

That's awesome. What year is it?

What do they have for trees out there??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honestly, the only trees I saw were a few surrounding each house out in the field of a thousand acres. He mentioned Silver Maple, maybe Poplar, and I forget what else he said. The trees all seems short too, like Scott mentioned. All genetically modified corn, and soy is the big thing going there.

It's a 2007.

The wind mills were cool. Their back roads were a white gravel, which made a mess of the truck. :|: Barely any cops, drove home without any tags, no problems. Fast speed limits.

Ive got a very interested party for the Woodsman who has a call into the bank. Hopefully that goes through, then we'll get a new truck and be kitted out for the long haul.:)

Confucious say always buy used chipper from land of very few tree

Got some big chipping jobs lined up for it?

Did you have to provide a portfolio of polished trucks and equipment before he would sell it to you?:P It looks like new. Now you'll need a 4x4 International with a 30 yard chip box to keep up.:)

Yea, we drove through Iowa on the way back with my trailer, not much to see tree wise. Like Brendon said, the wind mill farms were pretty awesome to see. Lot bigger than I thought.

Could your 1290h handle a grapple on the back Brendon? I've always been interested in having a grapple on the chipper. Mayer tree had a big bandit with one when I worked with them in Central Park, two skid steers forwarding material and one guy stuffing it all in, pretty sweet set up.

Nice! Glad it worked out Brendon I spoke with the owner briefly he did seem like a good guy I'm confidant you got a winner with that one. Like I've said many times my bandit makes me smile almost every morning! I love that machine,

jp:D

Adrian I'm not one-hundred percent positive but I'm pretty sure you have to have tandem axle to outfit a grapple on the back of a chipper. I wouldn't want to put a grapple on this size of chipper I would likely step up to a 1890 for that personally.

Yeah, we have an 18" bandit and I think a 15" would not make sense with a dedicated grapple.

Brendon, dont you have a grapple trailer? Could you back it in, drop it and load the chipper with that?

The winch will be plenty, really. Sometimes ill rip the tree down with the bucket, have the gm pile everything, then chip. A grapple mount would be cool, but just dreaming really. Mini does a great job, and for big jobs it will be cool to load with the grapple trailer. Mini logging operation.:D

I think we have used the winch 2 or 3 times this year, and I think it was to tip the mini to get a thrown track back on. Now with the gehl the winch literally never gets used.

Adrian I'm not one-hundred percent positive but I'm pretty sure you have to have tandem axle to outfit a grapple on the back of a chipper. I wouldn't want to put a grapple on this size of chipper I would likely step up to a 1890 for that personally.

Agreed! Didn't know if Brendon had stumbled upon a secret light weight grapple or something, tis why I asked.

I've setup the grapple trailer for feeding the chipper! It's an extremely efficient operation. I'm still exploring the rear mount grapple trailer. That would be an even better operation!!

I think we have used the winch 2 or 3 times this year, and I think it was to tip the mini to get a thrown track back on. Now with the gehl the winch literally never gets used.

I think about half a dozen times a year i say i wish i had a winch when running the old chipper.

Yup we never use the winch on my Conehead as we always have the wheel loader on the job. I really need to take it off as it is always in the way of the loaders grapple...

Back