would you buy this gun??

380s can be picky about ammo sometimes....mine required a 200 round break in period

One of the reasons I have never really been a fan of 380s. You really want some thing that works when you up against Right Now! Too light for my hand also. Been sorta waiting in the wings to see how much they have come along. I am also eying a Markarov a client has. Much heavier piece though. Don't know if Kat would like it much. No worry there though. If he does sell it to me, and Kat does not take to it, mine it shall be :)

SW360
DSC05380.jpg

DSC04804.jpg

Top left is a KelTec
DSC05341.jpg

This is a pretty cool gun, however. EMP
DSC05297.jpg

DSC05302.jpg

That had good reviews in Gun's and Ammo, it thrusts straight back instead of up. They liked the design, but said it was painfull after several cylinders full of ammo.

I picked one up in a gun store t'other day. Didn't fire it, just held it. When I get the chance to shoot one, Ed......I'll let you know. Felt weird in the hand though.

That type of gun isn't the one you use for target practice. That one is more like a fire extinguisher. You hope you never have to use it, but if you need it then you have it right there. I couldn't see ever firing more than 3-4 shots at any one time with it.

357 and 45s Kat does not really like. Just too much fire arm for her.
My 38 wheel gun is about all she wants to handle. And she would prefer a 9 or 380 from her shooting with her family prior to meeting me. What she is most comfortable with.
Myself.. I prefer a 357.

I like that Springfield Carl.
I do want to keep it pretty small for her concealing it.
At home she would just use one of the scatter guns. It is when she is in the city she needs the little equalizer :D
My mom carried a 25 auto back in the day. Pearl handle. I forget what make. Tiny thing. Should ask her. She still has it. Prefer a little more muscle than that for Kat though ;)

Nice Revolver Rob!

Revolvers are my favourite Handgun,shame that the Ammo for anything other than 9mm or .22 costs so much here.I sold my Sig P226 recently and really want a revolver.But at $30 USD a Box for .38sp I'll pass.

How about reloading?
That is how I get around not being able to buy handgun ammo here.

I think I can get away with getting a licence for a .357 magnum underlever carbine over here. That would mean I could legally buy the ammo.

Reloading is certainly where its at. Especially with a pistol. Small primers, readily available brass, often for free, and a few grains of powder. It costs a mere fraction of what store ammo costs. My friend and I were casting our own bullets for .357 mag and when all was said and done, we were spending only a few cents each time we pulled the trigger.

Back when I was shooting competitively, including paying myself $15/hr, my 9mm ammo cost 1/3 of Winchester White Box. I did use coated lead bullets (www.precisionbullets.com), but loaded them for interchangability between WWB and my loads (POA/POI).

Those were the days... :|:

Now that is a romantic present.
Might want to tie a ribbon around it or something;)

I've got a Colt Gov't .380 that I'm considering trading in on a couple of those LCP's......or something similar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
couple new additions to my collection.......

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 6
Back