would you buy this gun??

I would find another if you intend to use it for personal defense. Something I was told years ago holds weight. It goes " How much is your life worth or the life of your family?". I have followed that little question every time I buy a new firearm. My 1911 is a Para-Ord 14-45 and I know I'll never have to question if it gets drawn "Will it Jam?". Quality pays off in the end.

My 1911 is a Para-Ord 14-45 and I know I'll never have to question if it gets drawn "Will it Jam?". Quality pays off in the end.

Now thats a people stopper ya got there and would be my first choice handgun. ***Double your mag-well double your fun!!!***

I'm ultra aware myself. Always instinctively position myself in optimum positions for observing and fleeing. Or if my families around optimum positioning for intervening if need be. It's just instinct too, I wouldn't call it paranoia. Never could I ever dream of walking around with headphones on or staring at a screen(cellphone) or something.

It's funny, I've been accused of being paranoid for the same behavior... but I can't NOT do it. I don't carry anymore though, I live in a mellow place now. Cops are the biggest threat I know around here.

I have a Hi-Power by the bed and a CZ-75 in the car. I figure if you shoot once, might as well have fun and shoot 12 or 13 times.

Not all Chinese Guns are Rubbish,most of the Small Arms in the Veitnam War were of Chinese manufacture and they won.

Not all Chinese Guns are Rubbish,most of the Small Arms in the Veitnam War were of Chinese manufacture and they won.

Agreed they aren't all crap but that ain't the reason we lost that war. They had superior numbers, unstoppable logistics and we simply lacked long term commitment. When it comes to firepower, nobody can touch us.

They had more effective firepower.
At the time, the newly released M16 was very prone to stoppage and jamming, whereas the AK47 and its Chinese copies were ultra reliable.

Yeah but we had thumpers, howitzers and ground attack aircraft... and naval artilliary. Marines used M-14s until they were forced to switch to the Stoner. AK-47s and SKSs are not effective weapons at anything but close range. Combat zero for an M-16 is 90 and 600 yards, no Kalashnikov can do that. We were NOT beat on firepower, we killed at least 4 times as many of them as they did us. They tried one pitched fight, figured out we weren't French, lost it resoundingly and never did it again. Guerrilla warfare is highly effective but not because of the weapons.

We lost, but we lost because of a lack of willpower, not firepower. Politicians lost that fight, our military could've wasted that whole country... much worse than we already did.

Hey Chip, I'm not going to wrangle with you over this one, suffice to say the VC succeded in wearing down the US and ultimately beating it. Your point about the military not loosing the war sounds remarkably similar to early Nazi 'stab in the back' propaganda.

Rules of engagement, and that bean counter MacNamara hobbled the military. The politicians never fully committed the full might of our military to the war effort. It is like trying to fight someone by just holding him of you. The minute you lose your focus and turn away he is all over you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK so after much reading and kicking around I think Ive finally made my mind up on a gun. It just tickles me that it is a comemorative gun that is $100+ cheaper than regular, can you figure out why, I cannt:lol:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/70851-1.html

Read a lot of good stuff about it and like the idea that I can convert it to a 22lr for practice.

Good choice for an auto, reliable if a little on the heavy side. I like mine a lot.

Agreed they aren't all crap but that ain't the reason we lost that war. They had superior numbers, unstoppable logistics and we simply lacked long term commitment. When it comes to firepower, nobody can touch us.

Where's Magnus when you need him ???.............OOPS.....wrong thread ;)
Thought I clicked on "Chinese 365 Copy..." thread:roll:

Steve

Paul, since you decided on your gun can I borrow your thread? A friend of mine offered me a Grendel P12 .380 the other day for $150. I've sort of wanted a Kel Tec P3-AT ever since trying Justin's but haven't seriously pursued it. This is the forerunner to that gun, and Grendel later became Kel Tec. This model was made from 1991-1995. Reviews seem divided with some loving it and others hating it.

p12.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
wow that sucker is tiny, dont think Id like the feel of that and Im not interested in conceiled carry. Nice price though.

I can lay it in my flat hand with nothing hanging over the edges. Magazine holds 10 rounds easily, specs say 11 but it wants to stick when packed that tight. And it definitely hides in a pocket very easily. The Glock .45 is too big and heavy to carry easily.

OK so after much reading and kicking around I think Ive finally made my mind up on a gun. It just tickles me that it is a comemorative gun that is $100+ cheaper than regular, can you figure out why, I cannt:lol:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/70851-1.html

Read a lot of good stuff about it and like the idea that I can convert it to a 22lr for practice.

Everyone that I know that has a CZ, likes it. However, it being a Commie commemorative weapon, I'd have at least expected true homage with it being chambered in 9x18 MM(9mm Makarov... a Russian cartridge). :P

Sorry... gun nut humor. :dur:

Back