Which New Tribe Harness? Pro Gear II?

SouthSoundTree

Treehouser
http://newtribe.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=8

I would consider the Pro Gear II as a small combination recreation harness for someone else (smaller than me), and that I could use for work. I've recently shrunk out of my ErgoLite, which I liked a lot.

Alternately, I could go with a strictly rec harness, but I will then need to buy a new work harness before the busy season, as I'm now back in a Glide II, IIRC.

What are the pro's and con's of the PGII?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Onyx is a primo new one, and spendier. Maybe I should get in line.

I can't figure out about sizing like 30-32 and 34-36, or 26-32 and 32-40. What you wear in the summer will be a lot less than winter. If you are at the are where there is no overlap, you need two.

Their sizing can be confusing. Maybe call them to ask. One suggestion..... Get whatever size you would normally get and have them add extra webbing to the belt length to allow for winter clothing. That's what I asked for on my last Nikosi and it has plenty or room for expansion :cool:
My first Nikosi was sized right for summer but was hard to thread the belt in winter due to extra clothes.... And blubber.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'd also suggest a phone conference re sizing. They are good to work with.

Pros: very comfortable, affordable, last for ever.
Cons: single fixed attachment point (no sliding bridge).

Perhaps a better saddle for SRT than DRT...just my opinion. Works just fine for spur climbing, in my experience. A bigger saw on your hip may require a shoulder strap or suspenders.

I've never had a fixed attachment since I learned how to climb worth anything. It is my big reservation. How are the gear loops? I speedline a lot, so can use some decent loops.

I would recommend staying away from fixed attachment points. If you really want New Tribe then the Nikosi or the Onyx are the only two that I would be looking at.

I climbed on some version of the ProGear for a few years and loved it. Once I got a sliding attachment saddle, though, I wasn't going back.

I got a Tengu here that I don't use much. If you think it will fit, I would be more than happy to let you test it out. It's not a pro gear but I bet it will give you a pretty good idea of what it will be like. Just remember that I'm 250lbs. I think it's a large size.

Definitely give New Tribe a call if you have questions. I spoke with them when I bought my Onyx (from Tree Stuff) and they are very helpful.

-Michael

Thanks, Erik. I'm down to about high 170's, at the moment. Lightest I've been since I don't know when. I need a small, fitting it at the upper end.

I've been good about shopping, but not about cooking or eating.

I hear ya man. I did the same thing when my dad was really sick. I lost 20 lbs in no time flat.

Back