New Tribe Yellow Jacket Harness Review Video

NickfromWI

King of Splices
This is a review I did for a new New Tribe harness. I want to point out that this is not a WORK harness. You will tell that this is targeted toward the recreational climber. I thought there might be some here that'd like to see it, so here it is...

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C67tnraY9jM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's not "less padding." It's NO padding!

It works. The webbing spreads the load out quite bit, and new tribe has those big legs pads anyway. Think about it like tires vs tracks. A tire is softer rubber, but the tracks on a tank (or a mini!) spread the load out more so cause less damage.

I've been climbing on it a lot in the past couple months and it's been working fine. If I'm hanging a chainsaw from the harness I go back to the treeflex, but this one has been treating me very well

love
nick

I have been checking this out for a bit as well. It is not at all a work harness. What it will be great for is folks who take people out on rec climbs, ziplines in the woods, etc. A person could fit several "saddles" in a small ruck. For 0 paddibng it is reasonable in the comfort department.

I travel a couple few times a year to climb at different places. This thing lays perfectly flat and takes up practically NO space in my luggage.

It fills a much needed niche for me.

There's a LOT of wasted space in that yellow gear bag that you get. I think i could fit 25' of rope in there. Maybe more...

Nick,

Have you tried hanging a saw off the yellow jacket? just for kicks I'd like to know how it would hold a climbing saw. Love my tengu but i have heard through the grape vine that the yellow jacket doesn't ride your ribs as much?

I havent tried it yet. I have used the harness for pruning, but have not had occasion to hang the ol' ms200t off it

Back