Reflex Deflex Bow - Archery

• Thread starter Hobby Climber
  • Start date
  • Replies 34
  • Views 5K
Sorry they aren't the best quality pics-- most were taken with my previous cheapo camera.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool pics Justin!

I like that bow in the last two pics (w/Javie). Whats the stave(sp) & backing made from? Man I wish we had those little piglets around here to hunt! HC

Bob, The one with the javie is Osage backed with sinew and rawhide...specifically sinew and rawhide from a whitetail I shot with another of dad's bows. The last pic is also a sinew backed Osage bow but shorter than mine.

Justin,

Thats just about what I'm thinking of getting for myself. Was looking at the Bamboo backed Osage bow but I really like the more traditional look of that sinew & rawhide backed Osage bow you have!!! I too would prefer the longer version to help eliminate finger pinch with my long draw!

Did your dad make them? Would he consider making one to fit myself?

BTW, I'm in no hurry...so long as its ready by Christmas. :P

Bob

Bob so long as you don't specify the Christmas that comes next week there should be no problem! Building bows is my father's business. I know that he would be delighted to build one for you and he'll be happy to discuss what you have in mind and explain what he can do. (His typical approach is talk to a customer making a custom order and offer to build the bow HE(dad) would like based on the customers wishes-That makes most people very happy)
His phone number is 505 287 8134.
He usually has some bows in various stages of construction plus a few completed show stock so if you are in a hurry he may be able to help. Last time I checked 'start from scratch' custom orders were taking about 9 months.

One important thing to note is that you have to practice more with a stick bow or recurve.

That is why I shoot my old Hoyt now. I can pull it outta the box an bam! Tattoo a deer with no problems or practice. Mind you I have been shooting since I was 6 so there is some muscle memory there ;)

I didn't stick anything this year. I had a 10 pt and a 12 pt at 5 yards but they were too close for me to draw back. I did poke a pig at 5 yards in the same hunting spot

Last years carnage :thumbup:

Thought I'd post one of Justin's pictures that had saved before the Tree House encountered gremlins & lost all the others.

Enjoy,

HC

Attachments

• Javie 07.jpg
    Javie 07.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 27
.300 Winchester magnum

Attachments

• DSC01070.JPG
    DSC01070.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 31
Back