Whats your saddle of choice ?

• Thread starter itsmyblood
  • Start date
  • Replies 76
  • Views 10K
I

itsmyblood

I have a Master classic. Love this saddle had it for 4 years now and love the versatileity of multiple attachment points and light weight and overall ergonomics of it . Actualy thinking of upgrading to the deluxe version. The only thing i dont like is the waist belt adjusters. There on the sides of the saddle and can be tuff to tighten with winter clothes on. I guess suspenders would help.
Also thought about adding my own rope bridge witch could be done easly with this saddle. Don't think i would use it all the time but for some applications it could be nice.
So what saddle do you have ? what do you like disslike about it ?
what would you upgrade too and why ?

My saddle of choice is a 75' Altec.

Barring that, I've always seemed to go back to a plain 4D Weaver wide-back.

I love my Tree Austria 3, but if I could could buy a new saddle today I would be torn between the new Tree Austria 3.1 and the New Tribe Nikosi.

Old style Weaver and a Cougar with the seat. I've only worn the Cougar like 3 times, because it doesn't fit. So I can't say if I like it or not.

Anyone want to trade something for a near new Cougar? Size medium.:?

I'm flying a sequoia right now and I love it. Before that I was in a cougar it's a good saddle but a little on the heavier side. My next saddle will have attachment points for suspenders to hopefully make srt ascending more comfortable

The master saddle......

aka the castrater !

Right now Im using my treemotion. Im thinking next will be the ergo.

Butterfly II for six years now. I'm considering others too. I want to stay light though.

Petzl Sequoia SRT and standard model, love both of them :) light, tight, stay put and you can hang a good sized saw off them without trouble.

I hung up my old four dee about five years ago and got a New Tribe (NT) Pro saddle and ever since it's like I've been working the remote from a Lazy Boy recliner.
I borrowed Nick's Treeflex and really like how it fits and feels for work climbs.
Tried the Nikosi and it is comfy and the sliding bridges make positioning much better than the NT Pro but I am happy with the current NT for rec climbs and will likely get the Treeflex for work.
Anyone have a medium Treeflex they no longer want? PM me if so.

What little tree work I do now if from my LazyBoy bucket recliner. :lol:

For my market niche, I couldn't work without the 2000 lb winch on my Altec. If I strike it rich I'll upgrade to a new version of the same truck I currently have. The Mat3 is sweet but no rigging/lifting capability.

Back on topic, I was in a Tree Austria 2 my last few years of climbing and loved it. The last few times I tried it on I found it horribly uncomfortable, which only reminded me of how long it's been since I've done any serious climbing. I would probably buy something else if I ever planned on doing any real climbing again but the old TA2 will work for any occasional needs I have at this point.

tree flex with custom led straps. love it. used the weaver double dee leg strap for years, and it is still in use by the next climber in training. its heavy tho. i would get another tree flex in a heart beat (esp if they make the leg straps wider).

Back