Whats your saddle of choice ?

• Thread starter itsmyblood
  • Start date
  • Replies 76
  • Views 10K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are any of the rope bridge saddles (ergo,couger,tree motion,ect..) able to be used in other ways like tieing in to other spots besides the rope bridge ?

I had the first one. I added suspenders and cut off the back leg straps and couple of other things. It worked fine for me after the changes.

I'm glad my guy's are not reading this. They would be making a list. My first saddle was a bowline on a bight. I saved and got a Karl Kuemmerling and thought I was in heaven. That was 1977. That rhyme's. Well, now I am in management and have not climbed since 2003. I think the climber's are more up to date than management.
Jeff

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The treeflex has side D's as well as a center waist attachment fitted for srt.

Why is the tree flex so hard to find some of the big supp. don't carry it and doesn't come up on many search engines. Was actually thinking bout buying one but not sure if there was a recall or something. Who is it made buy ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Made by Safety Technology company in England; designed by Paolo; and only supply house in the US right now is:
http://www.blueridgearboristsupplies.com/

TreeFlex
SKU: TFX21
TreeFlex arborist saddle designed by experienced professionals and safety technologists.
$479.95

At that price I may just get the Treemotion, though I really enjoyed the Treeflex.

I looked at that:

197 pounds, plus shipping plus VAT tax, plus customs fees and it ended up being about the same... unless we had a friend in the UK buy it and ship it over...

If you purchase kit from the UK, it's VAT free if it's being sent overseas...make sure you specify for export and you won't be charged VAT.

I'm in a Tree Motion right now...only got about 4 work climbs in it so far...I wish the leg loops had quick release buckles. Its getting more comfortable. I miss my B'fly original...love that thing!

Thanks Bermy,
If there isn't VAT added it makes it a whole lot more affordable. 179 pounds plus shipping and handling (adds about 23 pounds I think they said).
Still, a stateside supplier is looking at possibly carrying them and I have my fingers crossed.
Even if it prices out a bit higher I'll wait and buy one from him.
I'd like to encourage having the Treeflex available here again.
And, the Treeflex has quick release (QR) buckles on the leg loops :)

I love my Treemotion. I don't see switching to anything else. Its comfortable, completely adjustable, and modular. I can't understand people fussing about the price. $500 for the TM versus $300-350 for anything by Buckingham or Komet. The price difference over the course of the harness' lifespan is negligible to me.

I'll be finding out today what the TM fuss is all about :) I'm getting a brand new shiny one the test-fly-before-you-buy ;)

I'm stoked to see what all the hype is ;)

Made by Safety Technology company in England; designed by Paolo; and only supply house in the US right now is:
http://www.blueridgearboristsupplies.com/

TreeFlex
SKU: TFX21
TreeFlex arborist saddle designed by experienced professionals and safety technologists.
$479.95

At that price I may just get the Treemotion, though I really enjoyed the Treeflex.

I climb on a treeflex and love the low fitting. I also have a Komet Butterfly2 that rides up into my ribs.

The Treeflez stays on my hips. The only thing that i do not like is the D's fold back so you have to search for them at times.

hmmm - not climbing enough

I liked my treeflex, but it was too big, sold it, tried to order a small...they quit selling them :(

I'm betting those Nikosi's are the cats A$$ for western climbers, You are going to love it yes? :)

who? me or Willster ;) and why in gods name would i want a bucket-truck :)

Back