What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 495K
craig, by the time you get through the mountains it will likely be cleaned up, if you could, get your crews guys to call Blair (Davey) or Peter (Bartlett), he might want week out of them if you arent using them!

here is a screencap pic of a webcam on the hwy to Whistler from Vancouver. hahaha, some poor guy got stuck and the camera caught it.

We're good. Phone ringing off the hook and we're still trying to deal with cleanups from the last storm! Oh well, it makes for a busy and profitable December which is highly unusual.

We're good here. We don't seem to get hit as badly as other areas of the Lower Mainland so we haven't had any power issues.

yeah, anyone else in the PNW? bedcheck! everyone ok?

Gas... was cutfishhuntwood on a SAR flight or have they grounded those boys?

Don't know if he was out on mission or not. Haven't heard from Roger Barnett (rbtree) yet either. I talked to Dave (wiley_p) last night on the phone during the storm... but he is prolly out removin' crap off the roads today.

Rotax Robert reported in over at AS...

Is Natalie (TreeGuysWife) near you Paully???

Gary

Gas... was cutfishhuntwood on a SAR flight or have they grounded those boys?

Grounded us? Whaaaaa? We don't get grounded! HA! That's when we do our best stuff.:P

Really, I was down in Alabama at a conference and was flying home all day yesterday when Gary called. I missed it all! It was like 70 degrees down in Mobile...in December! How do you guys stand that? I gots to have my cold, rainy, crappy weather in the winter time.

I got some small stuff down in my yard, but the rest of the area got hammered. I'm kinda down in a little draw, so most of the wind goes right over me, and I've got a 250 acre fir stand behind my house as well, so it's a pretty good windbreak. I missed the clean-up unfortunately, so my saws aren't getting a workout from this. Alot of folks are still without power here.

But I'm good to go. Thanks for checking in on my Gary! ;)

what you been hit with guys ,wind ,rain ,heavy snow ,ice storm, what?

what you been hit with guys ,wind ,rain ,heavy snow ,ice storm, what?

Lee, heavy winds, 165kmh max gusts, 100kph sustained wind for a few hours. MAJOR damage. trees through houses, cars you name it.

pretty good storm for these parts.

Lee, heavy winds, 165kmh max gusts, 100kph sustained wind for a few hours. MAJOR damage. trees through houses, cars you name it.

pretty good storm for these parts.

We have had winds as bad as that this year Wales saw gusting of near 100mph,yet we don't seem to get anywhere near as much damage as you guys,just goes to show how more heavily wooded you guys are compared to us..

Nice bit of work though guys,just what you want mid winter..:D keep safe guys..:)

Man oh Man it has been cold here lately! Almost hit a terrible low of 35 degrees F. last night. During the day it did not get above 60 degrees F. !

My heart goes out to all of you that live in extreme conditions.

I just put a block heater in my truck. Hopefully, it will improve my winter time mileage. I have been warming my truck for 15 minutes everyday. On the cold days I start it 10 minutes before the end of my job too.

I just put a block heater in my truck. Hopefully, it will improve my winter time mileage. I have been warming my truck for 15 minutes everyday. On the cold days I start it 10 minutes before the end of my job too.

OM, it seems all my diesels drop off in winter. Some of it has to do with the different fuel blend they run in the winter, lower BTU's. I have a timer that kicks my block heater on at 4am. I still let it run 5-10min. It helps cut down fuel use.

52 degs here today and a low of only 35. Seems like summer.:P

Add diesel fuel conditioner also. Helps starting easier, reduces gelling and boosts the cetane rating.

Add diesel fuel conditioner also. Helps starting easier, reduces gelling and boosts the cetane rating.

Make sure you get the winter blend. The summer blend doesn't have the anti-gel properties. I get mine at wal-Mart.

I don't know anybody around here that uses the stuff in the summer. I went in the beginning of October to stock up for this winter and they didn't have any in stock yet.

Is it bad to have your block heater on all night? Should I get a timer? I didn't think it would be a big energy drain. I should say that the truck starts fine even on the coldest of days and has an exhaust switch that funnels the exhaust into the block to help it warm up.

Back