What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 489K
Wiley, looks like the stuff we got a day before you. aint it grand? :) and yeah, alders + ice = widowmakers, bigtime. talk about crack and dive weather. we had an ice storm a couple years ago, very sketchy walking in the woods then. we are getting a bit more snow today, another 2 to 4 inches so I hear. then possible warming starting Thursday...

checked weathernetwork, we are on for between 8 to 12 inches now between today and tomorrow night. ick.

Got to do a little snow work myself. Helped clear some of the roads in the rural areas of town. Haven't had snow like this since the 1991 and 1996 storms here on my Island. I shot a few pictures of the icicles starting to form on my house.

Wiley... ain't this some crazy snow for the lowlands???:O

Damn... I just looked out side... snowin' again!

Gary

Not to worry Darin. As they have called for a bone chilling low of 63F tonight I will be busting out my heavy blankets and I might even close the windows if it gets too brutal. We know how to brave the elements here in Hawaii.

We got our first cold front of the year - down to 34F and wet here.

More snow here. We got about another 6" - 8" here. What about you Paul?

The Tree Guy is taking the day off again today but has to go do a couple of arborist reports tomorrow. We're actually loving this as our flip house is going on the market a week Sunday so he's been able to put in some big days at the house. Just hoping we can get some rain or warm temperatures in the next few days so we can get the second half of the roof on!

only about 4 more inches of it here, thermometer say .7C above today, oh, nope, just looked, back to .6C above now. today is the day to clean the office. I have a couple pruning jobs waiting in the wings but I dont feel like driving or working in this slop, yet. :)

momma sent me a pic from their place on Monday morning. its only about 30 mins away from us but they got about double the white stuff!! :O
FWIW, thats a picnic table in front of the shed.

Crazy the difference it makes Paul. Looks like that up at my sister's in Port Moody too.

that is in mid surrey, newton area to be exact. and thats a pile of canadian white stuff, for sure!

Hey, that's near where my inlaws live - around 152nd and 81st.

We got a good deal of snow here in Ks. I dont have to work so I guess its cool.

Lee, thawing since yesterday afternoon, highs around 2 or 3 above.
Nat, near 132 and 60ave. :)

Weather flip here in Connecticut,

This week was workin in 60 degree weather, tonight 40-60 mph winds ($$), drop 20+ degrees for next week.

Hmm, it's been in the mid-low 70's most of the day, now the cold front is coming through. I don't mind that...except for the fact I was almost done working outside(kinda hard to cut wood inside for trim)....<sigh>, guess I'll have to do it in between heavier bursts of rain.

Got up to 30F today. Snow was slushy in the sun with generous quantities of mud. I went and pruned one Elm. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold AND windy. I hate climbing cold-add wind and forget it. Supposed to be sunny and 50F Monday and Tuesday.

Back