What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 482K
Some odd weather .The west coast of the USA and Canada are dry as a pop corn fart .Califonia is on fire .The maritime eastern portion of Canada is rather warmer .The mid portion of the US clear down to northern Florida are in a deep freeze .I'll bet Al Gore is trying to figure out how to explain all this .

I serious doubt if he can blame it on cattle farts like he once thought .How dumb was that .

It climbed up to about 28f at 2am this morning and quit the snow/wind thing for a bit so I scooted out and cleared all the drives with my mini. It had been dumping about 1" and hour for the last 7-8 hours.

It only warmed up for a couple hours this am and then plummeted back down to 10f and wind picked up again...weird. Glad I happened to be awake for the hot flash.

Sister came over with fresh biscuits & gravy later when she woke to find her drive plowed. :D

Split some River Birch today with my Fiskars axe. It was so easy with it up on a stump while using an old tire so they wouldn't fly away. Hoping that this potential ice storm heading this way may bring some much needed work. Can't recall experiencing an ice storm in all 38 years of living here? Crazy weather Google HAARP!

Could easily be used as warfare. Maybe happening as we speak?! Most people don't even know what it is which I find odd. Anyway the weather is raining turning to freezing by night then 3-5" of mix and snow for Wednesday. If that is accurate it will be the most snow I have ever seen here in my lifetime.

It's 2 degrees F right now at 9 AM EST .I just finished part of my never ending cycle of plowing out the driveway and carrying in firewood .Sunny beech ran the damned Jeep out of gas and had to walk 500 feet to fetch some more .

Now I have to wonder if there might have been some water in the old gas because that old thing pepped up with 5 gallons of new in it .Odd indeed .

I really feel for some of you. Mainly the reason you dont live in Montana is because the winters are awful. My winter has been nicer than most of yours. We take it for granted that not everyone knows how to survive winter. When my buddy was stationed in Bremerton Washington he could not believe the chaos that came with an inch of snow. He did say it would be easier if all of the stop sign were not located at the bottom of a hill though.

It's not that it's so bitterly cold just more so it hasn't done this in about 30 years .This frozen cold stuff was what I grew up with in the late 50s' mid 60's .

Now the lastest thing is this so called propane shortage .Just another creative method for an almost unregulated energy industry source to screw the general public .We'd do better in dealing with OPEC than this bunch of scoundrels .These pirates will hoist the jolly roger just about any chance they get .

We pay mini bar prices for propane that you cant even light in the winter with another torch.

Areas like mine will see fewer exposure related deaths in the winter than areas that are far warmer or rarely see cold. It is dangerous. People can get in trouble anywhere though. I had to put the kibosh on a party that my wife was going to when it was 40 below. The gal who was throwing the party was upset that I said it was too cold to travel. She did not understand and asked why i thought it was so cold when we were just going to be traveling in a car with the heat on?????:?:|:

Ive been ice fishing my butt off in these single digit temps. The lakes just pop and bang the whole time. Constantly cracking under my feet.

High temp of -6F today ..........-11F right now with a wind-chill temp of -31F.
Forecasted temp of -2F for tomorrow with a wind-chill temp of -41F with 20-30 mph gusts.

Been brutally cold this January. Tomorrow will be the 5th day this month that schools have closed due to the cold.

aint been out ice fishing once this year!

I fish perch, crappie, and walleye. So far only caught perch and crappies. Butch, its a blast. Especially if you can just chill and let yourself sit still and relax. I bring a heater in my ice hut and crank that sucker. Sit with a buddy and laugh a little, bitch a little, shoot the breeze about life. Some guys I fish with like to tip a few back or make a little smoke. I myself just drink coffee and put in a rip of Copenhagen. Maybe fire up the grill and throw some sausage or kielbasa on.

I fish perch, crappie, and walleye. So far only caught perch and crappies. Butch, its a blast. Especially if you can just chill and let yourself sit still and relax. I bring a heater in my ice hut and crank that sucker. Sit with a buddy and laugh a little, bitch a little, shoot the breeze about life. Some guys I fish with like to tip a few back or make a little smoke. I myself just drink coffee and put in a rip of Copenhagen. Maybe fire up the grill and throw some sausage or kielbasa on.

:thumbup:

Ive been ice fishing my butt off in these single digit temps. The lakes just pop and bang the whole time. Constantly cracking under my feet.

We have a big pond that makes the coolest noises when the ice cracks. Pinnnngggggg. Sounds almost like a ricochet. Do the lake cracks sound like that?

2* F and 25 mph wind. Got a few more days of this forecasted. I have been expecting a winter like this for a long time. I wasn't disappointed we hadn't got them either.

Sitting here listening to the sound of rain drops outside. Finally! Unfortunately, the forecast is for around a quarter inch over the next 3 days. That isn't going to help the dry wells at all, but we'll take whatever we get!

We hit the average snowfall for the year yesterday. It has snowed nearly every day for the last month. Haven't seen a winter like this since the 70's. I really need to get a block heater i my truck...:|:

Back