What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 482K
We have a big pond that makes the coolest noises when the ice cracks. Pinnnngggggg. Sounds almost like a ricochet. Do the lake cracks sound like that?

2* F and 25 mph wind. Got a few more days of this forecasted. I have been expecting a winter like this for a long time. I wasn't disappointed we hadn't got them either.
Larger lakes don't really ping in my experience. More like rumble and pop. The pops can be loud and you feel the ice move under you sometimes. Its a good thing. Its the lake making more ice.

Freezing rain and a few flurries so far! People are making a big deal of the weather here. Interstate I-10, I-12, and I-59 will Likely be shut down tonight here if the ice keeps falling. Only 30 F with a winchill of 20. First time I put on my longjohns in a few years :P

We are FINALLY seeinbg a bit of cold weather here.
We have a major clearcut in oak coming up, might even have a chance of getting the logs skidded out:)

That'll be fun, we don't get to do clearcuts often anymore.
Frozen ground just makes it soooooo much better.

I loved doing clear cuts. In a grapple skidder anyhow. With heat and a radio. Those were some good days. Im coming back to that industry part time.......

That ain't doing clear cuts.
That's just cleaning up after the guys doing clear cuts;)

After almost no snow in my area this year, highly unusual, now we are getting bombed. I think they stopped the trains, certainly the high speed bullet ones. Debating whether to try and drive to my shop.

8 with some light fluffy flakes floating in. When it gets up in the 20s it feels warm. Funny how your body gets used to extremes after a while. They are talking low 30s on Thursday. That will seem like a heat wave. Been quite a winter, like we used to get.

Sun is peeking out for the 2nd time in the last 40-50 days and it has warmed up to nearly 20. I'm half thinking of going outside to play.

Back