What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 488K
They predicted a heavy winter here, the previous two being quite mild. For once they got it right. Those weather girls are so darn cute, got to cut them some slack.

Gigi, have you ever seen snow? I know it's a dumb question, but how many swimming suits do you have? Not just bikinis. :D

Yes, 1976 it snowed in Florida. I was in St. Augustine, Fl going to college and actually made a snow angel. Jay, seriously I have at least 20 bathing suits maybe more. My newest arrived yesterday, first one for the coming summer!! I have ones I fish in, others to get sun in, and others to bathe the dog in. hahahahahaha

No bikinis around here.:coldcold:

Still raining and getting worse so it might give up soon. Non stop for three days and nights now and I can't sleep it's that heavy.

Just glad I live here, some big floods up north.

Up here north of Stephen we had a really mild and dry December, snow pack was at something like 50% of normal. January brought winter, but still it was mostly at higher elevation than usual, the snow pack built up to something like 95% of normal.

Not much snow yet, thankfully, since it screws with logging big time.
But COLD, that is COLD as in " why didn't I get those insulated Hoffman caulk boots that my african partner is toasting his feet in, while I'm freezing mine off in my Wescos.

That kind of cold!

It is more a question of him having run of the mill feet, whereas I have to go for customized boots.

But you figured I'd come up with an excuse like that, right?

Truth is, I wish like hell, with the weather we are having, that I'd taken the chance and ordered a pair of those Hoffmans with the last shipment from bailey's. If they didn't fit, i could probably have talked somebody into becoming the 3rd logger wearing caulks in this country.

No way I'm going to pay postage on just one pair.

That's a pretty good excuse, Stig.
:)

Now, why didn't you try on a pair while you were here the last couple of trips, eh?
:D

Because Bailey's has shut down their operation in Laytonville. You can't try stuff anymore, only order by net.
And I'm loath to order things for my weird feet, untried.

It was a big disappointment to us all, actually.
We had looked forward to visiting the store, like I've done before, to try out stuff that we'd order later.
Boots, harnesses, all the stuff that one wants to try out before ordering.
They used to treat me real nice, me coming all the way from Denmark and spending about 15 grand at their store every 2rd year, but alas, no more!

Se, I'm innocent.
You won't get me on this one.:lol:

Stig, why don't you send a note to Sam Bailey and ask him if he has progressed in supplementing with another shipper besides only using the post office for international small orders? I got him going on it, and there was the promise that he would look into it. Some more encouragement from a good customer such as yourself couldn't hurt. Then ordering a pair of boots might not be so painful with what I would suspect would be the much better rates. The post office sucks for international shipping. They lost a lot of international business with the high shipping when surface ended, they should get real with what is better out there now.

It's been hot, and it is going to get hotter. It feels like it has been in the 90's for so long, and tomorrow is getting up to 100 and humid. I don't know how you guys do it down south.

Anybody else been in a drought? I couldn't even tell you the last time we had a significant rainfall.

continued wet and shitty around here. Currently 15C and light rain. Getting a bit sick of it.

Dude, its been raining here since October 2011. I think we have had maybe 6 days of sun without precipitation. Skin is the best waterproof breathable material but I have 4 sets of goretex, one set of sympatex and one set of rubber carhartts that tempt the rain gods regularly.

Same here, and absolutely no complaints from this old PNWer. I'll take 50 degrees F and drizzle over that hot and droughty weather the rest of the country is having to survive, any day.

fair enough B, personally I do like a bit of mild and sunny though, I am not in to extremes either way but a lack of vitamin D is starting to drag on me.

Back