What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 478K
Can't beat wool in any weather. I don't have wool on atm cause I'm trying to wear out/throw out some shitty old socks, but I'm looking forward to when I'm out of shitty socks.

The weather is wet, finally.
I should be rejoicing.
But since I'm doing precommercial thinning, I'm not.
Wet, wet, wet!

40 now high in the upper 50’s sunny. I have to wrap a job this morning and mow lawns today. Grass is a bane of my existence. I guess I’ll be planting more trees this fall with nursery stock leftovers.

Grass is a bane of my existence
It's the worst thing ever, isn't it? Such a huge waste of time and resources with a big side helping of noise. I think I'll have one more shortening before the season ends. It's the one where I debate whether or not it really needs it, then think of spring, and it taking off like kudzu, and getting out of hand.

40s last night. I still have my windows open, but I put on my pj bottoms. It isn't supposed to hit 70°(hot) today, so that's nice.

Killed a live oak on a bank over a busy road yesterday and started pruning the trees that are near where that was. Have the lift for two weeks. The removal and one prune were tangled together and the lift made the job smoother. Motorists were a tad freaked. Lift was on top the bank swinging out over the edge of the road. :lol:
frig those signs. Dont slow down for shat.
Blind corners. Glad I had no one below. Just rigged it to the top of the bank.

Two weeks ago, we went from an all times record hight temp for september to below average in just two days. A lot of rain came before and after the transition. The water was well needed, but not the erosion coming with it.
A thunderstorm in the area with a single lightning took out the power at my parent's home. We went back to the candles for dinner. Something like 50 years old candles with tiny ill flames and crappy light. LOL. My father was all about the LED flash lights with a crank and dynamo instead of a battery. So good because the battery is never dead like usual when you need it. He has several, both hand held or stand alone, but they are practically completly useless (they can do it if you keep turning the crank every two or three minutes!). They have a generator, but of course it didn't want to start, the gas pump's membrane in the carb was dead. One more thing to repair.
The electricity came back the following day. What a relief, we are lost without electricity.

Now, it's coldish and its raining almost every days, not all day luckily.
Unusual thing, the plum trees had kept all their leaves until now (usually, they begin to turn yellow and fall at august's end), but they are now suddently ditching their leaves all green, as if they took a frost. I wonder what will be the next surprise.

Last edited:
1664638845-20221001.png

It's actually not that bad the last couple days. I don't think it hit 60 yesterday. Overcast. Heard lots of whining from the boss in his thermal overshirt, but I felt great in a Tshirt. 61° and rain today. Hard to complain.

We flirted with some frost in lower areas this week. 70 today fifty tonight, big fire in the back 40 is on the horizon.

Fourth consecutive day of rain up here, courtesy of Ian. Stupid crabgrass/weeds growing like it's Spring. Awaiting some dryness for a long "shortening" session.

Same here. I actually had a nightmare about the grass a couple days ago :^D I dreamed I was outside, the grass was completely out of control, and would require more than a final cut for the season. Have I ever mentioned my dreams suck? It's always banal boring shit. I'm onboard with a good scary nightmare, but most of mine are twists on real life, and I just wake up pissed off.

The grass is slowing down but I am sure it will get cut a few more times. There is talk of a low of 30 this week.

Rain, rain, and more rain. Had some thunder and lightning even though it’s 47*. 5 days of rain including tomorrow but hopefully it’ll stop early.

Back