What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 481K
That sucks! Hopefully there is no damage.

Yahhh. It broke the crossbar of the mount and tweaked things a little bit. :(. I'll have to utilize my awesome metalworking skills. Man I'm a terrible welder.

I knew it was a hard hit, shit was flying everywhere including the plow!

-8c here this morning. Pretty mild.

Nice blue sky for about 10 days now. Gently freezy on the morning, but what a pleasure after the shitty weather. A tad warmer, some leafs in the trees, and we could feel in summer.
First flower on the apricot tree today. in february ! I guess we won't see a single apricot this year again.

Cold and windy today. Blowing snow off the fields closed the highway and the wife is stuck at her sister's in the Winnipeg. If you're ever thinking of moving to Manitoba, don't. Who am I kidding? The only people moving here are migrant workers from overseas who don't know any better.

Wind is blowing nicely here as well. 55 F at 6 am. 32 F at 5 pm. The ground should firm up a bit by morning between the wind and temps should be in the upper teens. Did a few errands but am staying close to home today. I’m unofficially part of the FD when it comes to stormwork. Assisted on two today and closed roads for a few others. All units have been out most of the day so I’m back up. Most calls are for stuff we can’t touch anyhow. Just put up signs till the power company shows up or the proper utility contractor. Nothing I can’t handle but I let it go through the proper channels. It’s good PR for me I guess. Really puts a damper on my Sunday beer drinking though.

Blowing like a freight train.
I was at my moms today and the neighbor has two spruce both have needle cast and I have been telling them for several years now that they need to go. So I am watching the one sway back and forth lifting its root plate. I have told them I would do the work dirt cheap as they are on a fixed income but they still declined. My guess it will be on their house by sunrise tomorrow and if it makes it past that spring thaw for sure. Oh well.

Windy here as well, last week of summer and it feels like winter.

There's a another cyclone off the Queensland coast and it's dragging cold wind up from the south. https://www.news.com.au/technology/...e/news-story/eb1ef06bf4b04fec7536446f0630937a

They just got over the last one a few weeks ago, big floods after that one.

Don't know how people can live in that stupid state, supposed to be "Beautiful one day, perfect the next" but you're either roasting or getting blown or washed away most of the time, that's if something doesn't bite or kill you, or both

Wind is supposed to drop and start warming up again tomorrow.8)

Winds up to 110km last night. Waterford was pretty bad. My place in Brantford survived, I have a garage tent just sitting on the ground. Must be frozen. Simcoe south of me had it pretty bad. No idea how to approach it. There is a no door knocking bylaw in Norfolk county. Not sure.of my chipper.is frozen to the ground. I might tow it and sit on some Simcoe neighbourhoods....

Coldish here today but not to bad -8c. Ive got two fires in the house and one in the shop. Gotta keep things thawed! It's trying to snow again and looks like it could even though it isn't calling for any.

Its kind of a mixed blessing.

We usually run out of money in January. Our new operating line does not get going until March.

I have lots and lots of shop work to do, but no money to do it with. Now that its cold, I cant keep the temp above freezing in my shop. Makes it easier to stay out of it.

I guess that was a really weird and complicated way of saying that we dont do a hell of a lot this time of year.......

With the free bunk wood from the mill this year I've been heating the hell out of my shop. I got probably next years wood already too, maybe a bit more. I've got it down to a system now.

57221190428__4DFD6ADE-7C75-4CE9-A6E0-FFA1DBEFEAED.jpg

I either load like this or sometimes I get lucky and they strap loads and then I just get a forklift to load them. 8)

Back