What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 482K
-12 right now.

You must be speaking a different language what does "cli mate con troll ed" mean? Did I say that properly? I don't want to offend the foreigners by butchering their native tongue.

Just finished snow throwing the driveways...bit chilly & windy...had to put on my medium-warmth gloves

I am sure my driveway drifted over but I'll deal with that another time.

I can't remember Fid are you in upper or lower? We are suppose to get something like 10-16" on Sunday/Monday and that usually heads your way. So heads up if you haven't checked the weather lately.

Sometimes! Getting some right now but only around 3-4" today.

This year has had the least snowfall I've ever seen for this date.

-12 right now.

You must be speaking a different language what does "cli mate con troll ed" mean? Did I say that properly? I don't want to offend the foreigners by butchering their native tongue.

I chuckled today, it was a little warm so I started up one of my two fans. Roughing it.

It hit 38c here yesterday, spent the day at the fire station in the A/C...gusting 50knots up on the plateau where the fires are, fires moving south and a little bit east. A haybarn caught fire yesterday, 400 bales...took them all day to get it controlled, conditions were shit.
Sunset was spectacular.
Much nicer today, but still very smoky, new fire started to our NE...12 trucks there right now hopefully they got it before it got established.
No rain in the forecast

We finally got a bit of frost, so logging is way better.
Today I dropped a fungus ridden Ash, that I took the branches towards the house off of last summer in order to be able to pull it over.
With the field next to the house finally being frozen, that worked just fine.

This darn "winter"...we have not seen a single day under the upper 20's. That is nutso. I'm with Stig...climate change is real, and is going to hurt bad anywhere under 50 feet of historic sea levels, within a decade or two.

I cannot even begin to imagine how many major cities in first world economies, and from there on down to little fishing villages deep in the third world, will be inundated.

Trillions of dollars lost does not begin to have enough zeros at the end of the figure to measure the total damages.

Not south, it will be too hot and too dry. Many areas will turn to desert. The cultivated lands will be pushed up north.
Well, as up south in the southern hemisphere, but there are less choices of lands "down" there.

Back