Whats blooming?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Silver maples are flowering here now and weeping willows are yellowing up but thats about it.

Oaks and dogwoods are breaking buds this past week. But the temps are going to 28 on Monday night. I'm afraid we might lose a few. Crazy up and down winter we have had.

Wow Koala, all that rain and now spring has sprung!

We got late berries on the toyon, early flowering on the manzanita (which sucks as there are no bees out pollinating yet), horse chestnut (buckeye) are budding leaves as is the poison oak. Spring bulbs are starting to come up and some early flowering on them as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I have been seeing daffodils and even tulips starting to green up but no crocus for some reason

Hammamelis is still flowering here, crocus too, daffodils are a couple weeks away yet.

Lot of red bud now.... Ceanothus as well. Oaks are starting to bud..

redbud-lg.jpg

I saw a small forsythia in full bloom yesterday. That is probably at least a month ahead of normal. Many of the crabapples were breaking bud. Hope they don't have the leaves and flowers frozen this year.

Western Red Buds are sure pretty this time of year for about a three weeks. Just about everything is Blooming around here. Blooming, when there not supposed to be. And now, gailing winds and rain.

Things are leafing out to beat the band .Fruit trees are in bloom .We had a nipper last night so time will tell if it got the blossums .If they are budded usually unless the temp dives a lot they survive .

Spring flowers are up even the day lillies .They last to leaf of the trees is hickory and beech but I can see the starts although with my trees that's up a ways .Might have to get out my spy glass to make sure .

Lots of redbud here also. I went north for 3 weeks, while I was gone most of my daffodils went into full bloom and finished up. Missed this year's forsythia blooming from beginning to end. All the daylilies are about a foot high (foliage) hosta and iris have a good hold, too. Up in Minnesota the forsythia was just starting to bloom, and the early daffodils were starting.

Not a goddam thing blooming here...and thre are winter storm warnings for tomorrow.

It looks like hosta popping up .The robins were hopping around in the yard worming this morn .I haven't seen the females yet .

Kind of concerned about a couple hickory that seem late with leaf buds .Something is killing them off .A couple more weeks will tell that tale .Excellant firewood but I'd prefer not to have to cut them down .

Pinus Virginiana Candles.jpg

Pinus Virginiana: candles have started to appear ... always a delight here in the spring.

However, around here, the un-official first day of spring is when the small beeches (aka; Fagus grandifolia, sons of beeches) drop their leaves.
... HAPPENED TODAY :)

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE! :D

Peach trees around here aren't fooled. I guess it hasn't been cold enough long enough for them to bloom. Usually they surprise me with how early they bloom, when there's still many frosts to come.

Nothing is blooming here.
The only sign of spring is me ordering a bunch of seeds from the US yesterday.

I can BTW really recommend these guys if you want to grow stuff that predates the time when shelf life became more important than taste.

Back