Votes: 5 16.7%
  • CADDYS!!!

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Geckos

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other...

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
There are two types. The style I listed, which me and my supplier are the only ones carrying them in the US right now-that I am aware of, and the green ones with traditional leather pads.

I sell them for $369/pair.

You definitely dont notice the extra pound. One of my favorite features is how the lower strap passes through a slot to keep it in place on the shank.

As for links to the Blue plastic padded ones, the Antec site is the only one to my knowledge. Wesspur carries the green leather padded ones.

I wear Aluminum Buckinghams with the Euc pads and Huge gaffs, maybe 4" long.

Love them, though would like to try the geckos too.

ha ha

i use my home made spikes - they are HD (too heavy) but they works
;)

KG could you post a pick of them?
Deva I have seen some homemade 4.5 inch (they worked)but buckinghams I got is 3 inch, well maybe 2.66 inch.:)

Does anyone trade from short(pole) to long(tree) hooks dependent tree specie?

my looks in this way
I use they on pine, and populus tree so far and they work good

I made they alone-because in Pl I cannot find any spurs....:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 82
I think they could have been made with a piece of metal about half as thick; however, I think that's really cool. I have those skills but I never even thought of making my own spurs. I'm embrassed to say I had to look up Jeff's thread on selling his equipment to find out what kind of spurs I had. Buckingham climbers w/ regular pads.

I think you did a very very good job! Those spurs seem like they do exactly what they are supposed to do. Good job!
You made correct angles on the shanks, and the boot leather is really clever.

Anything I have fabricated, I always see room for improvement. The next time you could make a pair and start selling them (if you want to)

thx Frans, I'm glad to hear about this :)
I'll try improvement this inn next time.
piece of metal about half as thick - it's good idea (thx Stehansen)

if anyone have any idea to make them better please write about this

So they weigh 1.5kg each? What are they made of? Is this weight with or without the pads/straps etc etc.

My Antecs weigh just under 3.3kg per pair fully dressed.

Nice job!

Very nice work KG!!
I was thinking today about making some out of re-bar maybe, but youres look better than that!

KG, I have an old pair I'll give you....wonder how bad shipping will be to Poland. Steel buck..crusty old pads.

After all it took me to get into caddies and now everyone is talking gekos?
My kleins were left in my barn when i got theived along with 3- 200ts . They took 4 346 xp's guess they could only carry so much but i need some new spikes bad.

Back