advice on climbing pants

cashstore

Treehouser
I'm ready to make the splurge on chainsaw pants. they must have some degree of chainsaw protection plus be flexible enough for a physical tree climber.

I'm not a cheap guy when it comes to this stuff. if you tell me ai need to spend $400 on the Arbortech Breatheflex, I will. but if there isn't much of a difference, you know, why bother.

was considering the Husqvarna Technical Chainsaw pants at $269.

what say you all?

I use clogged zeros, they are excellent but very thin in the rear, I've done stuff that would rip jeans and it doesn't phase the clogged, just beware cold seats in the work truck, and no cushion per se when you sit on a rock

The thin fabrick in the rear is to help keeping it colder. The matt of fibers on the front and sides is like insulation, good in winter but a bit too hot in summer. So the thin fabrick helps that. Some even have vents with (or not) zipper in the thigh's back to improve the cooling effect.

Clogger Gen 2. Really light. They have a mesh panel on then side near your knees, great for summer,. A pair of bike shorts or long john under for winter are good for single digits in centigrade in the winter.
Next pick Pfanner ventilation. The vents on the back of the legs zip open and closed, prefer them for winter overall

Clogger zeros seem worth the money and don’t slow you down much. Anyone throwing their saw pants in the drier? Seems a bit inconvenient to air dry…

Cloggers are nice but they don't fit me all that well. A little tight in the crotch and thighs.
I've been liking the arborwear ironwood pants for the cooler months. They have a light version now, I'm going to pickup a pair for this summer.
Planner pants are nice too, haven't tried the arbortech though. they seem really skinny in the legs.

Cloggers are nice but they don't fit me all that well. A little tight in the crotch and thighs.
I've been liking the arborwear ironwood pants for the cooler months. They have a light version now, I'm going to pickup a pair for this summer.
Planner pants are nice too, haven't tried the arbortech though. they seem really skinny in the legs.
A burden some of us must bear.
😆

Haha, i think it's more of my big arse...

I wash on cold, and air dry. Too expensive to screw up a couple pairs of saw pants in a dryer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

if I had a dollar every time a pair of pants fit perfectly but was tight in the crotch...

That's a big reason I wear BDU/ACUs pretty much everywhere. Used genuine military. Every pair fits exactly like every other. Can't even trust aftermarket targeted towards military. Has to be official issue. Doesn't help for saw protection, but it makes everything else easier.

Wrangler Outdoor model pants are pretty much all I wear anymore. Perfect in every way but no chainsaw protection. Chaps go on for that but only on the ground.

That's a big reason I wear BDU/ACUs pretty much everywhere. Used genuine military. Every pair fits exactly like every other. Can't even trust aftermarket targeted towards military. Has to be official issue. Doesn't help for saw protection, but it makes everything else easier.
I’ve never seen you without BDU’s

Back