What harness to get??

im not very happy with my sequoia, probably going back to my blair saddle next time

http://www.blueridgearboristsupplies.com/product.php?itemID=617

;)

16906_72_350.jpg

There's just something scarey about those rope bridge saddles, to me. One cut and you're going down. I feel more secure with a thicker, web style design.

The rope bridge is no different than the rope lifeline or rope lanyard. I think the rope parts that are 2'-3' away from you are much more likely to get cut than the rope that's inches in front of your gut.

The rope bridge is no different than the rope lifeline or rope lanyard. I think the rope parts that are 2'-3' away from you are much more likely to get cut than the rope that's inches in front of your gut.

I sure as hell hope so.

I still would like to try the sequoia out someday, it seems solid.

A little update on my tree motion; I had some how managed to sever right through the elastic adjustment bungees about two weeks ago. They aren't load bearing but still... I emailed them right away and they sent replacements from over seas. Over all I like the saddle a lot, but the durability of these elastic adjustments seems a little weak compared options that other saddles have.

Edit: I want to clarify that by severed I didn't mean with any type of saw, that would be pretty scary :O. They got caught on a little branch in the tree and ripped apart.

FJR, I agree wholeheartedly with Skwerl's post.

Seems like the more you spend on a saddle, the less durability you get.

BUT, the old style Weaver (one of the most durable) is also one of the most uncomfortable.:whine::cry::X

thats what i got,
i am the motion the flex and the pivots, all right there on the hips, rubs em
raw, its not even the rubbing its the squeezing together of the hips lgs and jewels,
i just hate the leg straps on the weaver..should be called the jewel crusher.
FYI..my first weaver lasted over 10 yrs and my brother in law still uses it on occasion.
The nice thing about the old weavers, is there is plenty of room to hang accesories, and the D rings, are large enough to use old school 3 strand lanyards with a cats paw.
or on occasion a a chain.
wherwe the new belts are made for small lightweight goodies, and the d rings are two small.

If you like simple/old school, but not the hip pain, you'd probably love the Buckinghams with the bosun seat.....no more squeeze problems.

Back