What harness to get??

yo.........yes, more comfy=lightweight...therefore some durabiltity issues:/:.

but why not, buy one every 2-3 years, instead of some 10lb boat anchor. Things will get lighter and stronger....you'll see. These recent innovations in design will get "R&D'd"(ripped off and duplicated)....and the cost will come down. I still bet my seqouia will last just fine. hell who cares:what:

it comes down to what you like....wear it.....and start fricken' climbing, ...less whining:D

it says its a fall arrest but seems to be front attachment fall arrest. doesnt seem like a good idea:?:

not whining, just wondering if i should order the spenders tommorow along with a new sequoia:D

it says its a fall arrest but seems to be front attachment fall arrest. doesnt seem like a good idea:?:

All rock climbing harness are front attachment fall arrest harnesses and rock climbers see hard falls regularly, as opposed to the almost never that tree climbers see actual "falls."

love
nick

no onehas experience with these spenders?

everything I have read says they are NOT rated for fall arrest. I've got the secur thingy and it works just fine to keep the kroll upright, it doesn't feel very comfortable as suspenders though....

I am going to get the petzl "top" (the one without the kroll attachment) cuz it looks like it will be more comfortable and I'm sure I can rig my kroll in there somehow.

I wanna know why these aren't interchangable. They seem like they'd attach in the same way, and if they do, it would make sense to sell the fall arrest suspenders as well as the ones that go with the croll.

Attachments

• topCroll.jpg
    topCroll.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 128
  • SDL-NavahoBod-08.jpg
    SDL-NavahoBod-08.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 127
Wagnaw, the rear attachment point on the Sequoia is a little itty bitty tiny webbing strap. I would not trust my life on it.

The straps you show, are very heavy duty. I like them, but it sure would be bulky to work in day in and day out. Also the rings are massive on it.

I see irritating chaffing and sweaty sawdust with those suspenders.
Actually looking at the picture, doesn't seem like they're work suspenders but maybe just for SRT.

That's just me though.

I like light weight saddles but then I'm a lightweight climber.
Coming from the Weaver sliding D, anything is lightweight.

But if you're gonna hang a 46 or 66 off it for some time, the bf2 slips.
The weaver would stay right on my hips, there is something to be said about leather.

Maybe I can clear some things up - the Sequoia is NOT fall pro rated, with or without the add-on suspenders. And we truly did f*&k up by showing the Top suspenders on the Navaho Sit harness instead of the Sequoia SRT in that pic above. The Top suspenders can stll be added on though, but only to the SRT. I also realized we show the pic of the Top suspenders WITH the built in Croll, then gave the dang part # and price below for the Top WITHOUT the Croll. That's what we get for trying to put something into the catalog before actually having one to look at. :X

should be here thursday8) got to talk to sean when i ordered it. expect it to be higher priced than the catalog

Burnham and Gary, We are slipping-39 posts and noone mentioned New Tribe. I haven't been able to try all of the wonderful saddle choices......but amongst those I have tried the New Tribe saddles remain the most comfortable to me. Amazingly rugged for lightweight designs also.

Yer right, Stumpy. Serious overlook. New Tribe is a great saddle.

I always liked the New Tribe because the basic design is very well thought out.

like the Brydan, it is a fixed attachment point.

Lately I look like I just got out of a swimming pool by noon, literally dripping wet.

HMM - the NT is also, when you customize it with a few extra gear loops about same in cost as at Bf2

http://www.newtribe.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=32

also those leg pads are hugh and i am sure tree particles will find a home there. Also are the leg straps adjustable - or is that also a special order

OK - hmm
Not on my wish list

(a dripping wet frog - who would have thunk it possible)

Last edited:
The foam in the pads of the New Tribe saddles is closed cell-it absorbs nothing. The fabric and webbing is Nylon so the fibers absorb little-if wet it will dry right back out. Of course the pads do insulate and restrict airflow so one's clothing can get sweat soaked under them........but I find myself wetter in a Wideback Weaver than in my NT Vi special and no more of a sweat issue with the NT compared to a Buckingham Master series. Catching stuff in the legpads has never been an issue-If you are hanging in the saddle the pads are cradling your legs and don't let stuff in. If you are leaning into the backpad without weighting the legstraps or just wearing the saddle with no weight applied, the leg pads will pretty well vent anything through. The fabric doesn't tend to hold sawdust or junk.

Back