What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Nah, I don't need no stinkin' veggie curry ;) . We be manly meat eaters, eh?
:D

Actually, on second thought, a nice veggie curry dish would accept any manner of non-veg ingredient, in proper proportion.

Just don't tell Stig :).

I bet @Steve Mack might have something up his sleeve?

Mostly just from memory or as I go usually but I could have a look in the secret box, there's just about everything in there.

I don't think there's any stink head recipes, but I know there is a good flying fox (fruit bat) one but I don't suppose anyone would be interested in that these days.

I just make curry by inspiration and whatever is handy.
No recipe.

I'm making Borscht tonight.
Since my wife got her " Was wollt Ihr dann, den Totalen Krieg!!!"explosive Vater vole trap and eradicated half the population on the island, more or less, we actually get to eat our beets, except for having the whole thing disappear with only the top left behind.

So I'm celebrating with a pot of Borscht and some sour cream.

I have a friend who divides women into two categories - a woman who knows how to cook borscht, and a woman who does not know how to cook borscht. Accordingly, a woman who knows how to cook borscht is a decent woman who deserves respect!) This friend of mine is an ethnic Ukrainian. And like all Ukrainians, he is ,,a little,, ambitious) The funny thing is that my friend's wife does not know how to cook borscht, and he cooks borscht himself, just like you) Stig, tell us what is your recipe for borscht?

Last edited:
Pretty complicated, really, since it includes a trip to Germany.
We can't get the malo-lactic fermented pickled cucumbers here, so every time I'm in germany, I empty out a couple of supermarkets of them.
Then when I eat them, I freeze the juice.
A russian woman once taught me that adding pickle juice is the best way to add acidity to Borscht.

I just use onion, garlic, dill weed and of course beets.
Cokk everything in broth, toss in the blender with the right amount of pickle juice.
Serve with a dollop of sour creme and some fresh baked bread.

Pretty complicated, really, since it includes a trip to Germany.
We can't get the malo-lactic fermented pickled cucumbers here, so every time I'm in germany, I empty out a couple of supermarkets of them.
Then when I eat them, I freeze the juice.
A russian woman once taught me that adding pickle juice is the best way to add acidity to Borscht.

I just use onion, garlic, dill weed and of course beets.
Cokk everything in broth, toss in the blender with the right amount of pickle juice.
Serve with a dollop of sour creme and some fresh baked bread.
Quite an original recipe!) Dear Stig, in any case, you understand borscht better than in the knowledge of Russia!)

I made a can of soup...

52975-DK-Harvest-Potato-Soup-D.jpg

I slaved over the stove for literally minutes. It was grueling. I added sharp cheddar and black pepper to it also. I'm pretty much like a chef :^D

I like to keep left over baked potatoes for stuff like that. By the time my sauce is ready, pots go in.serve.
Mac & Cheese sauce takes me as long as the noodles take to cook.
Looks like a good brand though.