What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

No harm no foul ;) I am just slowwwwwwwwwwwww :P
Here is a pic of a dessert with chocolate drops on the plate. Then put a drop of white chocolate on top of the dark but smaller drop of white. Drag tooth pick from edge of white chocolate on one side of drop to the other side of the dark chocolate in a straight line.. You'll get the hang of it quick once you see what it does ;)
Chocolate-chip-cheesecake.jpg

Or you can just drag it on the single drop... Depends on what you want to do with it :)
molded-chocolate-ice-cream-dessert-recipe-heart-3-16-07.jpg

You can use creme anglaise for a white sauce also ... Sorry I have been away from it for a while.. Pretty easy to make just go slow on the heating...
See the top of this cake.. Also done with tooth picks after the sauce was applied. The plate has been striped with creme anglaise, chocolate and raspberry sauces.
my%20fave%20Dessert.JPG

I used to make my creme anglaise in a SS mixing bowl over almost boiling water.. Just using the heat of the steam and water to heat the bowl and the mixture as I stir. You will be stirring constantly as you do NOT want it cooked into a custard on the sides of the bowl. Would be like adding scrambled eggs to your dessert :P

It comes across very impressive for such a simple act. :D

Some how I now picture you running into the kitchen.... white plate... chocolate syrup and a "honey??? Where are the tooth picks??"

yesterday, chicken soup lefties... bleaugh.

Attachments

• P8209710 (Large).JPG
    P8209710 (Large).JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 2
  • P8249735 (Large).JPG
    P8249735 (Large).JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 2
bout the same here, I always make extra and there is a bowl of lefty noodles in the fridge, he loves them in soup or with sauce, have to mince up some of the stuff he doesn't dig though, so he doesn't find it. ;)

Paul, pm me your address.... I'll send you what they call 'somen'. It's a thin delicate noodle that you eat chilled, dip it into some soy sauce mix sauce and then slurp it up, or eat it with a bit of thin sliced cucumber and hard boiled egg garnish on top, sauce poured over.

Another way is to serve the noodles with ice cubes in it in a large bowl, then each person takes their small portions little by little as they eat. A very refreshing summer meal, especially lunch. You might have to fine tune it for the boy's tastes, but I think he will like it. Cold noodles can be really good, and it's about time to teach the lad to slurp! If you like it, possibly available if a Japanese market is around...pretty basic food here.

Cool Jay, I haven't noticed that one around. We tried making (rehydrating) soba noodles but it kinda turned out slimy. PM sent. :)