Wanted used Buc friction saver

Ax-Man

Don't make me chop you
I know this may seem like a strange request. This is for one of my customized pieces of climbing gear projects I am working on.

Does anyone have one of those Buckingham friction savers with the big steel rings they would sell??? I am not interested in the condition of the webbing. I need to cannabililze the rings out of it.

The rings need to be in good condition. Not burs, dings ,cracks, chips in the metal, ect ect.

I just can't bring myself to buy a new one and cut the rings out of it. If it doesn't work out the way I think it will I will be kicking myself in the arse.

Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Frans,

That is what I am looking for. I have tried all the suppliers and searched the net and didn't come up with anything other than the usual stuff that is basically sold in hardware stores.

You saved me some money that is for sure. Thanks again

Larry, definitely talk to John at Knot and Rope. I have some of the steel rings from him and they are near perfect. I only wish they had the manufacturer's name printed on them. They are rated at 25kN and super affordable.

love
nick

forgot that I got the tip from Nick! Sorry Nick, and thanks again for the referral.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Nick is giving this guy a thumbs up then that is good enough for me.

Brendon, I have ordered from Kummerling before. They are a good outfit and resonable on price too.

I ordered some steel rings from them. They weren't quite what I expected. What they call a large steel ring is the same as a big rigging ring sold by other suppliers like Sherrill, the small ring is an oddball size. They would work but that rigging ring is an overkill if you wanted to use for a friction saver. If that thing hit someone after being pulled out of a tree it is going to do some damage.

I asked the guy on the phone about them but he wasn't really sure on how to answer my question(s) about how big or small they were. He tried the best he could and I am not going to return them as I always find a use for things sooner or later

Looks like I will be giving John a call next week.

Back