Wanted! 6" chipper...

bushwacker pics 009.jpg Ken
I may be willing to part with my Morbark 290. Its a disk machine and will easily chip up to 10" diameter material. Its powered by a 4b Cummins Diesel. It has a new clutch, tires, starter, and belts. PM me for more info and price. Im located in alberta.

Cheers
Ben
Bushwacker Tree Experts

If I were buying a 6 inch chipper it would be a chuck and duck. It will take 6 inch material faster then a 6 inch disc unit. Light, simple, fast. Also violent and ruthless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Derail away, that's okay Nic and others lol :)...Ben thanks, looks too big for me, but i'll PM you. Chuck and Ducks freak me out every time I YouTube them...branches shouldn't turn to chips that fast....yikes! :) lol...

Ken

If I were buying a 6 inch chipper it would be a chuck and duck. It will take 6 inch material faster then a 6 inch disc unit. Light, simple, fast. Also violent and ruthless.
No chuck and duck for me:)
Your probably all tired of me posting about my 6" Morbark 35 h.p. with 6"x13" auto infeed side dump trailer setup, but here I go again.
I like to chip whole tree length trees as long as the butt end is 6 inchs, my Morbark 2060D has enormous infeed roller power, crushing hardwood limbs and crotches to fit thru that 6x13" hole. I can chip 6" logs all day long if I had to.
Here's a few pics of a few recent acreage jobs where the ground was too soft to get close to the trees, so my little Muck Truck goes to work freighting. With this 285 lb 4x4 power barrow I have hauled loads over a 1000 lbs up 40% grades in low gear to the trailer, best employee I ever had.

Attachments

• 20130724_115552-001.jpg
    20130724_115552-001.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20130724_143213-001.jpg
    20130724_143213-001.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20130724_113809-001.jpg
    20130724_113809-001.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 20130724_120305-001.jpg
    20130724_120305-001.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 48
  • SDC10682.JPG
    SDC10682.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 48
The only good 6" chippers are the Bandit 65XP and what I have the Morbark 2060D [now upgraded to the 8" M8], both chippers are basically the same where I believe the Bandit is 6"x12" where mine is 6"x13".
Make sure to get at least 35h.p and Auto Feed. I lucked out mine has a 35 hp air cooled Wisconsin which the Morbark factory experimented with back in 2001, that's when I bought my chipper brand new.
I never had a breakdown or problems with the gas Wisconsin 4 cylinder......one tough little engine and no radiators to keep clean to avoid overheating, lots more torque then any other 35 hp because of its heavy engine weight inertia at the flywheel, also is direct drive.... no clutch, I have never adjusted it's huge drive belt.

That's a cool setup, it's always great to see unique equipment. Listen to Holmen's words, I wouldn't go less than a 35hp with a 6" chipper and go diesel if you can!

jp:D

Now that I have a mini... That would be a super slick set up :thumbup:
Yes that's the only other piece of equipment I need to buy. A mini could swap places on the trailer with the stump grinder when needed.
But I have to say my 285 lb Muck Truck barrow can haul a lot more weight in one trip then a mini skid.....plus it's only 27" wide and a lot smaller foot print.

Unless you somehow get way way more onto that muck truck them you're showing in those pics then it doesn't come close to hauling what a mini skid can. My ramrod 950 has 2300pds of tractive power. It'll drag a whole hell of a lot. Also you don't have to load it. It grabs what it carries or drags.

Unless you somehow get way way more onto that muck truck them you're showing in those pics then it doesn't come close to hauling what a mini skid can. My ramrod 950 has 2300pds of tractive power. It'll drag a whole hell of a lot. Also you don't have to load it. It grabs what it carries or drags.
GRRRRR:evil:.........:lol:
The sticker on the side of the machine says max load 800lbs / 365KG, and I've had double that loaded with rounds.
Heres a photo of a load of limbs from a 75foot white spruce, every limb from that tree in one load......try and stuff that in your grapple:) And don't tell me your 950 can skid that whole tree with limbs still on.
Heres another pic of some rounds loaded up, yes I know loading these is not for wimpy people . :D
Last pic says it all.....load all your gear once and get to the tree.

Attachments

• anna and babies 008.jpg
    anna and babies 008.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 56
  • SDC10309.jpg
    SDC10309.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Husqvarna 272XP 001.jpg
    Husqvarna 272XP 001.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 55
I would like to see you lift or work a couple of 36" plus rounds of green pine on that thing that would easily max out the capacity. :lol:
Mini picks it up for you and moves it. Mine will go through a 36" gate... No worries.
I will say, your little powered borrow has its niche. It's a great tool. :thumbup:

I would like to see you lift or work a couple of 36" plus rounds of green pine on that thing that would easily max out the capacity. :lol:
Been there done that Stephen:), that's where the 395XP-32" comes in......softwood 36" noodle split in half, hardwood 36" into quarters, I charge my customer accordinily for my labor, the firewood guys take it off my hands.

sweet setup holmen, never seen that before. how many yards of chips can you fit in that box?

That little power barrow is a step up from a hand cart, which is a step up from dragging and humping rounds. Pretty sweet for certain things and for you it works well, but I'm with squish, I'll take a mini or better yet my gehl any day. Both can carry gear, lift and carry wood, drag brush, and feed a chipper.

As for the chipper, morbark or brush bandit, as everyone mentioned. No experience with a chuck and duck here but they're a simple machine that can eat up some brush.

Ha I knew that'd get you going. I'll admit this. That's one hell of a pile of limbs in that thing from that spruce! I've always admired your set-up Willard. Seems ideal for a one man show.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375149238.027524.jpg

Just for you Willard. I never even touched this wood with my hands today. A couple smallish removals. All clean picked no dragging and all the smaller pieces two or more at a time.

Back