Wanted! 6" chipper...

Just for you Willard. I never even touched this wood with my hands today. A couple smallish removals. All clean picked no dragging and all the smaller pieces two or more at a time.

Ha I knew that'd get you going. I'll admit this. That's one hell of a pile of limbs in that thing from that spruce! I've always admired your set-up Willard. Seems ideal for a one man show.
Thanks squish,
Nice jag of saw logs you have there, now if I had the time to run my mill I'd be in there like a dirty shirt.:D

80% of my work is residential in yards with pristine lawns, those jobs usually pay good right? I pick and choose my jobs [no competition]With my system I remove a tree and stump , never takes longer then 8 hrs to get a tree out.The comments I get is the yard looks like no one has worked in it, and I like that word of mouth.
I will always have firewooders fighting over the rounds I leave behind.

We do no impact too. Not today though. Pool goes in after we're done. A mini skid with turf tires and a good op does no more damage than an army of boots hauling by hand.

Those bits are all to short for any real milling unfortunately. They'll go in the firewood pile.

I'm quite picky on work myself these days. A nice position to be in.

Yes another new toy would be nice but I'm maxed out already with my setup to keep it class 4 hitch under 10,000 lbs.
Jeez I'd have to buy a dually pickup and weld more iron onto the trailer:lol:

I would have thought there was a hell of a market for firewood up your ways, Willard?

Butch, on most jobs I simply leave it at the curb and someone picks it up.
I only take wood to the dump a couple of times a year.
Lots of times we canvas the street looking for someone with a pile of wood, then ask them if they want to pick it up for free.
People will do most anything for free firewood, here.

I took this picture, (which illustrates it so well:lol:), a while ago, but never got around to posting it.

P1020770.JPG

I've thought about buying a small 6" chipper to tow into difficult to access areas with the mini loader.

jp:D

Thats why i kinda like my woodsman. I can hook it up to the mini, and put it right next to the tree. On the other hand it eats up some brush and bigger soft woods. Best of both i guess.

I've seen people scavenge firewood cut by county, CDF or Asplundh is some of the worse places. They think it is gold up here. I guess if you are freezing or have no gas to cook over, it is....

People here will pick it up on the side of a 70 mph highway. Amazes me at times, the danger they put themselves in for a piece of wood.

What's the tongue weight on your woodsman brendon, that's a 12" right? My mini is rated at 550lbs operating capacity so not sure what I could actually tow around....

jp:D

Prob about 550 500. It moves it really nice, even up slight incline at times. I would never put a 12" piece of hardwood in it, but occasional softie is fine. Itll take a massive grab of brush, or full tree tops with no trimming though.

Why.
Why not ban old inefficient, polluting stoves and furnaces instead. That is what we are doing.

Why.
Why not ban old inefficient, polluting stoves and furnaces instead. That is what we are doing.
Yeah I heard you Danes are burning more coal now per capita then most countries.......funny when those big ocean wind farm turbines you have were supposed to end all your energy woes.
On our oil and coal stove issue I guess it's easier to turn off the tap to these stoves and use our plentiful hydro electric power, then to go around and waste tax payers dollars banning old inefficient stoves and forcing new ones on them.

Back