WalMart Bar Oil

The Wal-mart in my area carries 3 types of bar oil. Poulan pro bar oil which is in a black bottle and is red dyed. It seems to be the thickest of the bunch, then the green bottled poulan bar oil and then in the automotive section the white jug of sure-tech brand which is pretty runny and thinnest of all 3 and works great in the winter for me. All $7.98 now.
I leave the foil on and cut a V to pour from and a slit at the top to pour straight from the bottle with ease. Been doing that since 80's-90's on all the foil sealed bottles.

I've been mixing my bar oil with used hydraulic oil 50/50 all summer. No problemo so far.

I do that also. It helps alot in the winter.

When I service one bucket truck and change the hydro oil, it gives me about 14 gallons of nice clean oil, it goes along ways mixing 50/50 with bar oil.

We used to get some type of bee honey additive years ago, a quart of it to 5 gallons of hydro oil made some super sticky stuff. Can't find it anymore.

I use winter viscosity all year round, pours thin in summer for sure. I'm thinking that good rivet penetration is a plus, and don't lose much by using it in the hot weather as well. Any opinions?

I've ran straight hydro oil for most of the summer without any issues, can't immagine winter blend is much thinner.

I had that barrel of transmission oil I gave to my cousin. He says I can have it back, got some water in it.

Back