WalMart Bar Oil

I tend to agree with B .Just open the oilers up and let-er rip .As long as you have an oiler that oils properly I doubt you have any problem .BTW last year Stihl branded oil was the same price as TSC .

How much it costs now I haven't a clue as I have about 12-15 gallon of some generic stuff that was given to me .It works just fine also .

Wal mart usually carries 2 brands of bar oil. The other brand is usually in the automotive section

Which reminds me... Mike, please grab a case for me when you get up there again.

I found what seems to be a steal a little while ago... One gallon Poulan jugs for $5.20.

I use the caps off of chalk bottles for my Stihl and Poulan jugs. You know... the chalk bottles that you use to snap lines with for carpentry. They screw right on to the jugs, then I just cut the nozzle to whatever size I want. It will pour faster than the dish soap bottles, but it wont close like those bottles. Used them the past couple years and haven't really had any spill problems.
273003_front200.jpg

Those pot lickers raised the price of oils and lubricants when gas was upwards of 4 bucks a gallon . Now that gas prices have dropped ,oil hasn't budged a bit .:(

I found what seems to be a steal a little while ago... One gallon Poulan jugs for $5.20.

I use the caps off of chalk bottles for my Stihl and Poulan jugs. You know... the chalk bottles that you use to snap lines with for carpentry. They screw right on to the jugs, then I just cut the nozzle to whatever size I want. It will pour faster than the dish soap bottles, but it wont close like those bottles. Used them the past couple years and haven't really had any spill problems.

I used to use one of those caps but I lost it and didn't remember where i got it.

Hydraulic oil most likely wouldn't hurt a thing . I've heard of folks using old crankcase oil .

Good heavens that nasty chit would make a awfull mess on things . I'm cheap but I'm not that cheap .

It's very clean looking hydraulic oil. If anything it makes the oil slightly lighter it seems. If I have any problems I'll be sure to report back.

Thanks guys, but I just passed it along. I learned it from somebody online back in the old Arboristsite days.

A kick in the pants to compliment it?:D
I've been using that trick since then also. And then I come back to my nicely sliced jug to see my crew have peeled it open:dur:

I've been using that trick for several years now too. I must have picked it up at AS.

FWIW, Walmart bar oil used to be clean, low odor, golden light honey. My last bottle works fine but it stinks like gear oil and has a little darkness lurking in the jug.

Back