WalMart Bar Oil

I've used Walmart bar oil ever since Walmart came to Hawaii. Works fine to me. I always pour the oil into one of those bottles with the pull out top, like your dishwashing soap containers. Makes filling the oil much easier. On the big saws I just unscrew the cap and then pour. It takes too many squeezes trying to fill a big saw through the cap.

I always pour the oil into one of those bottles with the pull out top, like your dishwashing soap containers. Makes filling the oil much easier..

Hey that's not a bad idea. I'm going to try that.

TS

Ok...Im getting ready to leave for Walmart. Did you guys decide on the best oil yet? Confused as hell in PA...Rick

Ok...Im getting ready to leave for Walmart. Did you guys decide on the best oil yet? Confused as hell in PA...Rick

I think used crankcase oil is best. Free and no need to figure out how to safely dispose of it.:lol:

Just kidding of course. Buy the Walmart oil, it is good.

i use Stihl bar oil in the winter.the winter mix that is.i can tell a difference just by pouring it into the saw.if you have a dealer,i'd ask them to order it for you.

Jonsered oil is supposedly designed to run in all temps.they say it's the weight they use.i have used it some and have not burned my oiler pumps up yet.when it gets below 25 i use the Stihl.i just ain't that sure about Jred's claims yet.i guess if they are willing to fix my saws i'll be more willing to try it.

Just went through my saws after using generic bar oil and they were a mess - never again. The oil was from Northern Tool. Back to stihl.

My last trip to Wally World I couldn't find the gallons of Poulan bar oil, they didn't even have a spot on the shelf for it. Just quarts. :(
So I've been looking around for a source of bar oil for less than $10 per gallon. A friend said he was getting it at Lowe's so I checked there, $10.68 or so. I drove down the street and checked Home Depot and found it for $8.29. It's an off brand but I bought a half dozen jugs to try it out. Anybody here used it before?

I don't see why it wouldn't work .If I recall correctly you run your oilers wide open anyway .

If it doesn't have enough tacking agent in it,drop a oz or so of STP in each jug .Actually any oil additive which contains tackifier would work .Get the cheapest . I doubt though you have to do a thing to it .

Haven't tried it, but sure am going to look.

Tired of spending around $12-15 for a gallon of bar oil. veggy oil sounds better and better....but some people love it, some hate it.

I have used the home depot. it works fine in the cold and heat. I now use stihl oil. and I used waste oil of that using full Synthetic oil form my car work better the stranded oil.

Haven't tried it, but sure am going to look.

Tired of spending around $12-15 for a gallon of bar oil. veggy oil sounds better and better....but some people love it, some hate it.

The veggie oil sucks for colder climates... gets gummy.

Also you smell like french fries at the end of the day. :)

Gary

I'm using Wal-mart oil, seems like it's just under $8 a gallon. I run my oilers wide open. No problems so far... but I'm not much of a saw mechanic.

Cheap bar oil & expensive synthetic mix oil... that don't sound exactly right, does it?

I can get hydro oil for under $8 a gallon, I haven't bought Stihl brand in a little while but last time I did, it was cheaper than Wally World.

Chip, it makes a lot of sense if you think about what each oil actually does. Two cycle mix is the lifeblood of the motor. Bar lube is a 100% loss drip system, it only needs to last for one trip around the bar. There is no such thing as 'long lasting' bar lube.

I'm getting Husky oil from my dealer for $24 for a case of 4, one gallon bottles. He charges the general public $11 or $12. Don't your local dealers hook you up?

I really didn't clarify that very well, did I? What Brian said.

Back