Tree Guy's Wife!

Congrats Natalie and Treeguy. :D
Welcome Treeguysandtreeguyswifeskid

Steve - pacific northwest time, GMT -8

Oh, Nat ! That's fantastic news ! I'm so happy for you !!!
:big-angel:
Babies are magic.
Pics soon, ey ?!? LOL

"Born 12:02 PM". You just have time to make it to the bar for cocktail hour!

Awesome Natalie, congratulations!!! I need another baby, I looked away for a minute and now I don't have one anymore. Enjoy every minute!

Excellent job Natalie. Congratulations to you and TreeGuy. That's a pretty good size kid. My wife gained anywhere from 30 to 50 pounds with our three kids. Our doctor said "anything more than 20 pounds and it is just yours to lose later".

stephen--and very few women do---piece of gold on the finger--got him for life---uh huh---

Thanks everyone.

Roman has been a very good baby so far. He's sleeping with daddy right now so I have a few minutes.

For those that are interested a quick summary of his birth:

We go the phone call Monday, May 21 at 7 in the morning to go in to be induced. I was induced at noon (after waiting for the doctor to show up for 4 hrs - :roll: ) and after monitoring me and baby for an hour to make sure there were no bad side effects sent us home and told us to come back at 6pm for a second dose. We live about 40 mins away from the hospital so decided to go to my sister's instead, who is only 15 mins away. We hung out there for a while, Tree Guy helping BIL with some projects around the house and I just hung out with my sister. I started getting some good contractions and we were back to the hospital for 6pm. I was already at 3 centimeters by then so they decided to leave me. At 7:30pm they broke my water and my contractions got fast and hard. By 9:30pm or so I had my epiderul (heaven) and was able to get some sleep here and there. 9:00am on Tuesday, May 22 I started to push. This is where things stopped being so easy.

I pushed for over 2 hours before we all realized that I was not going to be able to deliver him on my own. I was beyond exhausted. It was decided to vacuum him out. They basically put this little round suction thing on his head and pull as I push. When they got his head out everyone went crazy, yelling at me to stop pushing. He had the cord wrapped tight around his neck and was pretty blue. They had to cut it off of him before I could deliver the rest of him and then they rushed him off to the warmer to get him breathing. It took a bit but he started to pink up. Probably was a very short time but it felt like hours. They had Tree Guy pulled over there but no one was telling me what was going on. Finally I could hear them say that he was pinking up and they called over to me that he was okay. I only got to hold him for about 30 seconds though before they had to check him again. My recovery took a long time. Normally they have you out of delivery and in the maternity ward in an hour and it took me 4 hours to be well enough to do so. I didn't get to hold him again until then. :(

We stayed at the hospital until yesterday. Things are going really well now. We're just headed off to the doctor's in a few minutes.

Side note of life with baby - it's taken me about 3 1/2 hours to write this post. :lol:

Here is a picture:

Wow - scary moments there. I know the relief you must feel. He's beautiful.

Nat, he is one of the most handsome babies I have ever seen. Scary there for a bit, but thank goodness for good doctors and hospitals.

I am very happy for you, all three.

wow natalie, gorgeous baby.
With our first, My wife went through 72 hours of labour, and refused the epidural. In the end, they used the rubber sucker tool (the von tuesse machine) to drag him out. Turns out his head was twisted, and would never have come out under ordinary conditions. like you, she was 4 hours before going back into the maternity ward.

scary stuff, glad its all working out well. sounds like its time consuming, guess i better get used to it :D

Wow, he's big! Looks like he's ready to start walking and feeding himself already!
Congrats Nat and Treeguy, very handsome baby. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Every birth is different(and usually a little scary). Glad he is OK. I love those cheeks. He looks a couple of weeks old, with his eyes open and head almost round again.

That is an unusually large baby,and your first,which takes longer anyway.

For what it's worth,my ex,who was a little woman at 5 feet tall,took most likely 72 hours on the first one.She never dialated more than 5 cm before she shoved that kid out.He was only 6 lb 4 oz, 20 inchs which by the way,so was I.The second at only 4 lb 3 oz and 17 inches took about 48 hrs.

Ah but nature has it's way and I'm glad this story has a happy ending,good going mom.:)

Mom, that baby is the most beautiful little guy in the world! :thumbup:

Thank you for keeping us all informed!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

He IS a beautiful baby, what wonderful coloring. I thought Burnham was just being 'nice'.....but I'll have to agree, "Nat, he is one of the most handsome babies I have ever seen."

I would have had an older sister, but she had the cord wrapped around her neck and she wasn't as fortunate. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad your outcome was so much better!!! How scary! :\:

I certainly wasn't going to say anything before, but now that you KNOW.....I was so totally amazed at how unbelievably painful those contractions are. I had about three (!) When they decided it was time for a C-section I was relieved. They still had to use forceps to get my son out.....he was big too, 10lb3oz and wanted to stay IN mom!!

It's kinda cool when they come out 'already grown', not nearly as 'fragile' feeling. Wait until you pick up the first 'little newborn' after this.....very strange.

Congrats again and thanks for sharing. The 3-1/2 hour posts are pretty normal for kids running around. Just remember to save often cuz it sometimes is even longer!

Back