Tree felling vids

That’s funny man, the logger who taught me that term, Scott Claggett, was from Washington, and he distinctly pronounced it, “side wash.” But maybe that shouldn’t surprise us… Oregon being such a long way from Washington and all. :lol:

So I’m trying to avoid using YouTube, and the problem that I’m running into, is that it takes me three 10 second video is just a stretch one little fir tree out.:lol:
Let me know if this is annoying.

Man I can trash a nice place up right quick.

Butch: If you kick me outa this place, I totally get it. No hard feelings, honest uncle.

That first vid was awesome, danks for posting up mang!

Cory, man: I absolutely cannot explain how I didn't see ANY of Reg's vids, after posting up all my puny little resi stuff. I gotta start drinkin way less... er more, er somethin.

Reg: I absolutely CANNOT believe that Cody's top didn't ding up the blacktop. Or YOURS for that matter. Maybe it was just minor pitting from the branch collars and such, but then again... that's always been permissible more or less down here. But I'm still amazed that you guys didn't see cracks at least from the butt of Cody's top. Dang. That was so freakin awsome man. Thanks for recording all of that beautiful work. :thumbup:

Cory, man: I absolutely cannot explain how I didn't see ANY of Reg's vids, after posting up all my puny little resi stuff.

Better late than never! The tree world would be the poorer without Reg's vids

Dang, Gary, yer the man. I have no idea how you did that, but I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that. Thanks so much.

Cory: Yeah, Reg is the most ironical combination of a passionate treeman inside a stoic Englishman's body. What a joy his stuff is to watch.

Sean: :lol: Yeah... I'm a big fan of the "I youtubed it." quip, myself.

I lost my voice somewhat since the September 13 thread started. Just found it difficult to say much and sound positive with that situation unfolding. Maybe others felt the same. I hope we can keep finding things to say from here onwards. I updated my channel trailer last night....the old one was looking dated in image quality and content. Time to move on.

Your update is excellent. Some legendary shots there, shows a great range of your skill set...chopper insertions, BIG tops and trees, explosives. I like the music.

I hope Butch gets to see that video. I find myself being somber these days and saying, "just damn, Butch".

"Don't be a fake"...good line. One of the first rules Butch ever laid out for the TreeHouse, early on, was "Don't be a dick". Four letter words are powerful. Butch has always been as real as you can get.

Awesome trailer. Content like that helps counteract the gloominess.
Quick question Reg: was there a video made when you went to work with Buckin' and his boy? I enjoy their channel but the way he title's his video's make it impossible to search for anything specific.

Thanks

Sean, its not meant to be positive mate. The frauds know who they are. Real folk dont need reminding of anything.

Ryan I did work with Bill and his son but we didn't do any video. We did have a laugh though
IMG_4480.jpg

Excellence in tree vids.

That stuff is the gold standard.

Waaaaaaaayyy enjoyable Reg. SUPER enjoyable. Fun stuff. Can’t thank you enough for that.

That’s somewhat strange that Mick liked the zip line to the Beach bit best. Also caught my imagination profoundly as well, the first time I saw it, I believe several years ago.

Ok Now you guys have peaked my curiosity. Who Or what are the fakes? How may aperson be fake? How is someone ever fake who tries to do tree work? Are there any well-known fakes out there?

Last edited:
Ive come across a ton of fakes in our line of work Jed....mainly pretending to know what they dont know, claiming to have done stuff they haven't or being someone they are not. Then theres others who are just embittered by the ability or success of another person, or maybe just a person who wont toe the line or who has a different point of view. So they do their upmost to discredit that or those individuals or what he or she stands for. Then theres do-gooders but with ulterior motives. Groups of them are worse still, they suddenly find a backbone, voice and wagging fingers. Yet stood alone they are practically invisible. No shortage of them here in BC either.....hiding behind phony titles, trophies, certificates, government/municipal positions. If you dont comply with their group cause then you are part of their problem. I cant help but friggin' despise them. You did ask

Back