Tree felling vids

The day I need the baddest azz takedown artist around to handle one that I'm not able to deal with, is the day I'll hire Reg. It won't matter what it costs to get him here, because if it's nasty enough that I need him, it'll be worth every penny plus.

Unending respect, my friend.

After many years, I still watch your videos with great excitement. Whether you like it or not, you’ve been a mentor to me. Patiently awaiting the next lesson.

And there you have it. When we get the benefit of Reg's expertise and bald-faced talent to view at our leisure, to learn from if we're smart enough to slow it all down and WATCH...that right there is one of the real reasons this forum is special.

That first one was nervewracking to watch.
Hope yopu got paid well for that.

That first one was nervewracking to watch.
Hope yopu got paid well for that.
Not particularly a good payer Stig. But to be fair, the pressure was psychological mate, because it was a tall dead tree with powerlines underneath. Physically and technically though, it was actually quite straightforward put in context. Its imperative to keep things in context, or you could easily become overwhelmed with doubt and what iffs. I will add, wind would've been a deal breaker....so, we were very fortunate yesterday in that respect.

Not nice Reg but smoothly done. A lot of folks don’t seem to understand that sometimes you need subtlety in what seems like brutality in saw/tree work. Rather you than me fella!! If I want to see the top of a tree i’ll Fell it and walk up and see it on the ground😁

I’m jealous, I admit it.

If you leave the family a pile of cash to hold them over, plus extra cash to have fun with, they’ll probably let you come back afterwards ;)

Or just lie. Pretend like you told her a million times about that really close and beloved family member in BC.

I’m a quarter of the way there! Seriously, did Reg Coates just say we could work together?!
Yeah, if you were living out this way. Nobody works for me, rather they work with me as sub contractors. Alliances you could say. We work hard to get finished and each go home with our cut. Dave and I had that tree down, chipped and away for 2pm.
With your skills and attitude Id bet you'd fit right in.

Almost looking like the crispy stuff I deal with here Reg. Nicely done. Did you strap the two at the codom before you topped them.
The handsaw sure makes for a gentler, safer throw.
I liked the hang time too.

Last edited:
Almost looking like the crispy stuff I deal with here Reg. Nicely done. Did you strap the two at the codon before you topped them.
The bandsaw sure makes for a gentler, safer throw.
I liked the hang time too.
I routed my climbline up top in such a way that both stems were supported by each other. Thats a really good option with SRT. Not a great union at the bottom, but still plenty safe enough to work on. 20191121_105446.jpg

Good shot of proximity to the wires. They look to be uncoated? Around here most of the wires are coated.

Back