Tree felling vids

Yeah he did, kinda like using a snap cut to release. I like it too! Handy way to pull trees, when you have enough pull it will simply snap and go over, or for iffy stuff up in the air

Got a customer balkin at price ... here’s is a pic of the tree .... main spar snapped off ... near house must be climbed ... just want more experience opinion on cost ... thanks ! B7A1A05E-90FF-4D1E-AAFA-FDF7C7BDCE28.jpeg

Daniel, my stupid smartphone is apparently pretty dumb. I couldn't even watch your video. I will try again from my laptop at home. Let me see if I can attach this video of a cottonwood that I doubled up on.

Hard to tell from your pic whats going on there, Frankie.
I know , that’s what the guy sent me ? He’s about 35miles one way so it’s a haul ... told him 5-6 hun but he’s possum and moanin about price ... ready to just tell him to rent a lift for $350/ day and do it yourself 😀

? I'm not following at all man, why would it have to be climbed? Either way the cost would be the same, because a bucket can easily get to it. The only time you can usually charge more for climbing is if it absolutely has to be climbed, ie no access at all.

Ok ... climb / bucket / crane whatever it takes ... just lookin for a estimate range that’s all ... $200; 500, 1000 ????

It's not an impressive tree. What are the specs of the job? Full clean up? Get it on the ground and walk?
Personally if the guy is balking at the price walk away I stand my ground when it comes to price. Throw it against the wall and see if it sticks. $1000 is a good place to start.

It's not an impressive tree. What are the specs of the job? Full clean up? Get it on the ground and walk?
Personally if the guy is balking at the price walk away I stand my ground when it comes to price. Throw it against the wall and see if it sticks. $1000 is a good place to start.
I work with the guy and was trying to help him out at $600 ... guess HE can go rent a lift for $350 and have at it himself then .... guy and his wife clear 150000/yr ! Rich Fuks are cheep fuks ... oh well I ain’t workin for beans and rice ... thanks For the reply my man

Two people climb drop and chip leave firewood $1200, that's a fair sized tree, compromised and near a house. Friend or no friend...discount once it's done if you can but charge what you need.

Just double checking because of the snow on the ground @Frankie there’s not a sidewalk between the tree and the property, is there? I mean like a public sidewalk not a walkway to the front door.
If there is it’s almost certainly not his tree, and not his responsibility. Also the property owner and anyone he hires can get fined for cutting it.

It’s definitely HIS tree Jonny ... the main broke off during a windstorm ... hard to tell from pic but talking with him personally the next “break” is going into his house ! He’s a good dude but cheep as the day is long ... ol grape-farmer that don’t wanna PAY fair price ... it’s gonna go one way or the other ... trouble is (for him) the insurance upon inspection may determine he knew or “should have known” that the tree was compromised (broken main) and will deny any claim ... those bastards will do anything by hook or crook to get out of paying but in this case they wood be correct

Last edited:
As has been said, it’s a no fell job, bucket or climb.

If it was my job, from $600 to dismantle, leave all brush on the deck (no stacking of dragging) to $1200 to get rid of arisings.

? I'm not following at all man, why would it have to be climbed? Either way the cost would be the same, because a bucket can easily get to it. The only time you can usually charge more for climbing is if it absolutely has to be climbed, ie no access at all.

Or if you don’t own a bucket truck but happen to have a buddy with a debilitating climbing gear addiction and the poor bastard has been grounded in a nasty little factory staring at computer screens for a month and his spurs are gonna start rusting if they don’t get sunk in some wood soon. That’s an ok reason too :)

Seriously I do see potential cause for concern, decay and no central dominant stem. I’d feel like a total dick if I showed up all the way out there only to say that it isn’t safe to climb. That’s possible, but I don’t think likely or I would just decline outright. I’ll feel better once I drop some weight off it on the way up.

Also I heard something about 40mph wind tonight with gusts maybe higher. Maybe nature will just take it’s course.

As has been said, it’s a no fell job, bucket or climb.

If it was my job, from $600 to dismantle, leave all brush on the deck (no stacking of dragging) to $1200 to get rid of arisings.
For $600 drop , buck and split into firewood for the guy ! Guess you just gotta walk away sometimes ... rough guess of 2-3 facecord (he has woodstove ) so that wood defray some of the cost ($75/ face here in wny )

Nope ... I did not invest thousands in chainsaws at (A) ... $3500 for splitter at (B) to give to someone at (C) for nothing !!!

Frankie, if I'm viewing this right, this couple has a ~30"DBH, 60-70 ft tree, majority leaning towards house with some back limbs towards the street (and possibly impeded by utility lines), and a very small landing zone. So I can see the need to climb to remove the stuff near the house and some of those street limbs (being as careful as can be), but even w/my 3-man crew, I'd be charging at least $1500 for that kind of risk (if I even messed with it at all, depending on those street limbs). Unless you really need the scratch, I'd say walk away from a disagreeable/cost-consumed customer like that.

Back