Tree felling vids

This guy is good at swinging trees.
I'm guessing the house wasn't within range?

I gather that species has strong wood?

For a moment I thought he was making a Triple Hinge.

With that extreme lean, I probably would have put a wedge in the back cut on the compression side, parallel to the hinge.

I'm guessing the house wasn't within range?

I gather that species has strong wood?

For a moment I thought he was making a Triple Hinge.

With that extreme lean, I probably would have put a wedge in the back cut on the compression side, parallel to the hinge.
Post says “over the house”. He’s pretty cowboy.

Yes, some species out here hold and swing incredibly. That why the west is the home of these cuts.

Probably just a big sizwheel, maybe a Dutchman, maybe steering with the back cut.

Looked like a ponderosa. They hinge well till they dont. Drought and bugs can make them brittle as all get out.
When climbing you especially notice it in the way the limb fibers behave. Some will pop and land flat. Couple worls (?) higher and the few fibers left hang on for dear life.

Last edited:
Stihl 23rs (narrow kerf .325) is wicked fast especially on my ported 346, but it has a lot of hook in the cutter. If I stop in the cut, then chain practically anchors itself into this stuff. It seems like maybe the lighter part is soft and the darker part is tougher, and it hooks into the white and gets stuck in the dark...maybe...but once it's cutting, like butta.

I thought we use to have a thread for felling vids.
It would be fun to just get to dump em over the side like this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great video. Steep ground impressive

vertical-video-syndrome-251322.gif

:^P

Just found a new channel titled Lofty Heights.

They wonderfully filmed some nice work.

Looking forward to seeing more of them.

Attachments

• DFB8D338-947B-43DE-B517-D47C9B6A1807.jpeg
    DFB8D338-947B-43DE-B517-D47C9B6A1807.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
Back