Tree felling vids

Alcoholics have often proven to be outrageously talented climbers in a lot of instances to......... Sometimes its the guys that just don't give a shit. They just live rough, and work hard.

You are on a roll tonite.

It's a funny thing about some drinking and tree working at the same time, talking about a large bottle of sake at a job site, as one example. Obviously it has a possible downside, and many folks that have never really experienced that "culture", so to speak, maybe think to themselves, Gawd! Actually though, when you are very accustomed to it, it is just a part of the routine. Hard to explain., people would have to experience it themselves for a year or two to understand. :lol:

Okay guys, laugh at an old tree sloth, brushin euc removals with a handsaw!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/W8bFWsC7nNE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jomo

Hey, its how I see it. This isn't a glamorous industry. The internet tree guys tend to be more polished and churched up, but they represent a tiny fraction of the business. The industry is loaded with some grubby folks. Its loaded with addicts, dysfunctional family men, poor business men, and people with depression issues. BUT, in those guys, there's a lot of men that just don't care. A couple hundred bucks and they'll bang out anything you point at. And quickly too. Those men aren't showboating themselves. They don't give a shit. Point at the tree and get out of their way. They'll never be recognized outside of the guys in the business in their community. Its ashame to see some of those climbers never get anywhere. They often don't have the ambition to go out on their own, and even if they did, they are too dysfunctional in their personal lives to manage any sort of business let alone get loans for equipment. But they exist, and they're some of the best. They're usually not draped in fancy gadgets and toys from a catalog. Outfitted with basic gear, they bang it out, and bang it out hard and fast.

Im not saying we all need to go hire the local bad ass climber who has a crack pipe in his lunch box. What I'm doing is elaborating on my response to Cory's question. Yes, there are better climbers the Reggie Coates. A lot of them too. But they hide in the shadows of the industry, as many of them don't have a computer, and cant afford Go Pro's. Many of them are rather dysfunctional, and somehow that dysfunction seems to go hand in hand with some real, no bullshit production. It stinks. But its true. Anyone around this business long enough knows what I am talking about.

I inherited an 090 saw from a guy like you describe, Chris. Hard living, hard working, and a throwback to a different era. No frills. We all called him, "Uncle". I really need to get by his house where his son lives and light some incense at his alter, pay some respects. Too tardy in doing that again, thanks for reminding.

You are still on a roll.

Classic post re the tree biz.

Six or so years ago. Australian weed removal.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fQOUEdSp3Pk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ah, I aim every pick I make out over 100 feet horizontally from the crane's center pin, directly at that center pin, as precisely as I can.

Unlike most crane removal climbers, who seem to prefer synthetics for choking their picks, sometimes elaborate spider legs and such.

I'm an old school steel choker man when it comes to crane assisted removals, just one 95% of the time!

120 ton crane rentals are pricey, and time is money.

Lord knows I don't advocate anyone doing anything like I've done, or do, in the rain or otherwise.

Jomo

Hey, its how I see it. This isn't a glamorous industry. The internet tree guys tend to be more polished and churched up, but they represent a tiny fraction of the business. The industry is loaded with some grubby folks. Its loaded with addicts, dysfunctional family men, poor business men, and people with depression issues. BUT, in those guys, there's a lot of men that just don't care. A couple hundred bucks and they'll bang out anything you point at. And quickly too. Those men aren't showboating themselves. They don't give a shit. Point at the tree and get out of their way. They'll never be recognized outside of the guys in the business in their community. Its ashame to see some of those climbers never get anywhere. They often don't have the ambition to go out on their own, and even if they did, they are too dysfunctional in their personal lives to manage any sort of business let alone get loans for equipment. But they exist, and they're some of the best. They're usually not draped in fancy gadgets and toys from a catalog. Outfitted with basic gear, they bang it out, and bang it out hard and fast.

Im not saying we all need to go hire the local bad ass climber who has a crack pipe in his lunch box. What I'm doing is elaborating on my response to Cory's question. Yes, there are better climbers the Reggie Coates. A lot of them too. But they hide in the shadows of the industry, as many of them don't have a computer, and cant afford Go Pro's. Many of them are rather dysfunctional, and somehow that dysfunction seems to go hand in hand with some real, no bullshit production. It stinks. But its true. Anyone around this business long enough knows what I am talking about.
It's kind of an angry post but yeah, I understand what you're saying.

It was insightful and eloquent and entertaining .

Tucker, I've been around in this business 'long enough' and I for one don't know what you're talking about. To be honest it sounds like you've probably never left your state let alone the country. You mention all the crack head climbers, and then reg coates in the same sentence which is ridiculous. You have obviously never met Reg. He is without doubt the most humblest of guys I have ever met in this industry, and probably the least likely guy i'd personally expect to make videos showboating....in fact his videos couldn't be any further away from showboating. They are just honest straight up videos from a guy who loves his job....not sure why anyone would want to take away anything from him for that?

Ps, don't bother replying, I probably won't see it anyway :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpZ7DmF9_RE

Steve Bullman, RC is the man, no doubt. Humble, friendly, and highly skilled. Chris didn't slam Reg in the least, imo. His whole post is about the legion of guys who are good climbers but that you have never heard of, nor will you ever, cuz they aren't on the net. Reg and crack heads aren't in the same sentence. And the last line of your post is obnoxious and provocative.

MB, you sure you want this guy taking over the House if something happens to you?:/:

Chris didn't slam Reg in the least, imo.:

I agree, with all due respect, I think Steve much misinterpreted the guts of the matter that Chris was expressing, and if you haven't known the type of people that he was talking about, you wouldn't easily picture what he was saying. A few different slots for tree workers, and Reg holds one, an esteemed one it can also be said.

Back