Throwline birdnest

I may end up doing that. I have real tarps, but I also have a bunch of cat food bags that aren't good for much else. I'm accumulating them faster than I can use them. When I have a choice, I prefer using the lower quality item that meets basic needs over the premium item. That way, I still have the premium item when a real need arises. I also like making something out of nothing. Instead of creating trash, I'm eliminating it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m gonna buy you a tarp, John. Much applause for creativity and making use of waste but it has gone too far🤣🤣😂😂🤪

That’s a great idea to use them to aid in protection and cleanup in beds/gardens. Eliminates tedious picking twigs out of mulch and plantings. Good stuff

I have a 10x8 tarp that I put all my gear that I'm going to use in the tree for the job that way when I'm done using it it goes back on the tarp. So if I need it again I know where it is and when I'm done with the job I know where all my tools are and sometimes, I can grab the corners of the tarp with all the gear inside and bring it back to the truck so i can put that ish up. Tarps are great!

So, you store rope in the bin and use the lids to shoot from? Where do you stow the throw line when not on a lid

Throwline gets stowed AND shot from cube. Lid is for having to flake on ground in lieu of cube when isolating or pulling the rope through the tree from the cube end. It's some times easier to pull a line in a tree following the flight path. Pull lines on conifer especially. That way, the end being pulled is already over the branches. On isolating a crotch, add throw bag mid throw line and pull it up to where you want it to come down through. Sometimes faster than using two lines. You can kind of walk the bag into the tree with the two ends. But, cube is already on one end. So flake the line onto tub lid.
Clear as mud? :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That’s a good idea. I use those totes for rigging gear and plan to get more. I have always just used the ground when working the cube end and it’s as bad with tangles as you would think it would be.

I wonder if dragging a throwline around a round turn on a large candle would help to re-wax a worn throwline, giving it new life.

I have throw line that is limp, but not worn.

Maybe cook it in candle wax. Dragging it around would leave a lot of spots uncovered. You'd have a lot of chunks fall off after removal, but it would probably be effective(if it works) longer. If you use scented wax, it'll smell good too.

Back