Things You Should Not Do In a Hurricane

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 2K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's the one! Thanks Rocky! What a ride, eh?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you harnessed in to those kite surfer thingies, or could he have just let go the first time he hit the ground? :?

Idunno, I figured he was just holding on the ski rope handle.

Nate does that crazy chit, maybe he can give us an answer. :|:

that was a funny comment. i think if he was just holding on he wouldnt have made it past the first bashing, that was brutal

I am pretty sure he was using wrist slings, (rope loops around the wrist) as well as a handle much like whats on the starter rope of snowmobiles.

Being an amature stunt kite flyer these are nessesary as the pull can be greater than your hand could handle. Even with my small kites, they can easily pick my 200lb a$$ off the ground for a short ways.

To bad he wasent out over the water , cause that would have been a killer ride. no pun intended

Kiters are usually strapped in at the waist with a quick release. I have seen guys way up there on small kites off the outer banks. Always the days before the hurricanes though.

It seems like it would be awesome especially with a board .
A kite board .Get 100 feet of air oh yeah baby that would be NICE

long as you can land that shit.......dude was not thinking....
Would have been better to try a beach with no buildings near by.

Kiters are usually strapped in at the waist with a quick release. I have seen guys way up there on small kites off the outer banks. Always the days before the hurricanes though.

Yeah, when I went kite surfing with my cousin, there was a little hook that placed over the top of the bar. You kind of have to push it down and in to get it off the bar when the wind is pulling hard. ...dumb.

I used to watch the kiters in Fort de Soto and yes, you are leashed to the bars. There is a quick release but this guy was in no shape to pull it....

Darwin shoots, Darwin scores, and the public pays the medical bill.

Back