The Truck Thread

:lol:

He drove for his first time Monday (04 Z71) for a short trip (>10 Miles). Yesterday he drove this truck 20ish miles on backroads mainly, drove my mom's Tahoe on the 4 lane :o, and we bought the truck today.

:lol:

He drove for his first time Monday (04 Z71) for a short trip (>10 Miles). Yesterday he drove this truck 20ish miles on backroads mainly, drove my mom's Tahoe on the 4 lane :o, and we bought the truck today.

Thats great news Carl. :)

looking at a 07 dodge 3500, with a service body, 13k miles, cummins diesel, auto trans, tow package, some kinda exhauast reburner?, exhaust brake, 4x4,......24k

seem worth it, I will remove the service body and replace with a dump dody

In California the air resources board is pondering making all diesel engine powered equipment previous to '07 be fitted to an exhaust filter. Not just trucks but everything. Exempting government and military vehicles of course.

Old but good

Here is my Chev 6.2 Diesel.It was bought to pull the tracked chipper around on a trailer.I like the simplicity of the Engine and the Torque.It was originally a Police Vehicle and the second owner had it painted and detailed.

Goes well.But looks abit unprofessional,might get it painted next Spring?

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
I have a friend who has mentioned they have another friend who is getting out of landscaping and wants to sell a truck. It's a 1995 F250 with the 5.8L V8 (gasoline I'm assuming), 4x4. They claim it's in good running condition and want $3500 for it. Is that a good deal? Is this model of truck even worth looking at or desirable?

I entrust myself to the Treehouse Truck Gurus.

Treecycle, that is a sweet looking truck.

$3500 is alot for a 4x4 3/4T in "great running condition"? It seemed inline for me, seeing as I haven't seen it.

I haven't seen it yet either. Just thought I'd ask to see if it was even worth the time looking. I do strongly lean towards getting a diesel. There's also a top notch trustworthy Ford mechanic in my area so sticking with a Ford is my plan.

I have about that same pickup only a chevy with the 5.7L gas motor and it gets 15 mpg on the highway, and I would guess about 10 in city driving.

Back