The Truck Thread

Owning a vehicle in Hong Kong is really expensive, what with all of the taxes and licenses involved. Not to mention you have to pay to park practically everywhere. Public transport here is the best I have ever seen so getting myself around is no problem. If have to drag a bunch of gear around then whoever I'm working for provides transportation. Plus they drive on the wrong side of the road.

Butch, you and I have the same brand toolbox. United Welding Services......Perry,Florida. Built a few miles from the house.

I guess I need to add my new truck to this thread. Right now all I have is the picture from the ad on the website. I'll get fresh pics after I get the signs put on the doors. The paint on the boom has faded a bit since the picture was taken, I'm considering repainting the yellow part blue to continue the blue theme from the last truck.

yup, get it in blue, there is a lot of value in corporate branding and ID. Get out there and let it make you some money!! :D

Man oh man Brian you're lucky I'm a patient man, I want fresh pictures of that kick ass truck. And I want em NOW!:D

I sold this today, finally. It was a real nice truck, oh well time to go.

Attachments

• IMG_1042.JPG
    IMG_1042.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 274
I have a 1ton dually with a dump and also my plow truck is a single rear wheel 1ton. I would like to sell the dually dump and buy a newer f-550 4x4 with a dump or put one on and set it up as a second plow truck. So that's what I'm up to.

and a removable top so it can be a chip box in the summer, no need to take the bucket to every job!

squashie, what about the camper?

My plow truck will haul the camper no problem, and the camper is for sale too. I could have rented a motorhome for everytime I've used that camper when I compare what I paid for it as to how many times I've used it.

10-4
I have looked at renting a rig like what you are parting with from the big camper rental outfit that I cant remember the name of at the moment, they want like $2500 for a week. Kee-razy!

Hey Paully... we had the same type of truck! Sme color too! 'cept mine was a little taller and had the 7.3L powerstroke diesel.

6" lift kit and 35" BFG M/T's

The camper weighed over 3,000 pounds when fully loaded and was 19 feet long from bow to stern... it hung out the back of the truck almost 4 feet!

I really miss that rig. :( I put almost 200,000 miles on that sucker.

One pic is up on Washington Pass on HWY20 in the Cascades... the other is leaving the Buckley Log Show about 4 years ago. The other is just parked in the driveway when I was still with the ex.

Gary

Attachments

• The Rig.jpg
    The Rig.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_0423.JPG
    100_0423.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_0254.JPG
    100_0254.JPG
    297 KB · Views: 50
nice rig Gasman! I had a camper on mine that I borrowed for a conference out of town in 2005, way smaller than yours though. I am pretty sure I posted this pic somewhere nearby recently but since it seems to fit here it is again.

Attachments

• P1010041.JPG
    P1010041.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 49
Another neat truck. This is a 1949 Willys Jeep that belongs to my 83 year old neighbor John. He bought it a couple years ago and patched it up a little. He has a blast riding around and driving it in parades, etc.

I had a 49 when I was younger. For a summer, then I sold it to cover a ski season at snow bird. Alas, no pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess I need to repost these two 100 grand pick ups. Wow! They belong to a treeguy here called "Mr. Green Jeans Tree Service." He traded the white one in for the black one, and since then he's traded that one in, too. I dunno what he's driving now, but I guarantee it's something big. It's funny, he's a little guy with a wife twice as big as him. Ha.

(Brendon, you still think my pants are short?)

Attachments

• f650_1.JPG
    f650_1.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 55
  • f650_2.JPG
    f650_2.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 55
  • green jeans 1.JPG
    green jeans 1.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 281
  • green jeans 2.JPG
    green jeans 2.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 282
  • green jeans 3.JPG
    green jeans 3.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 281
Looking good Sqwirl! have you got all your kit organized in the tool boxes and such? I imagine that would take a bit of streamlining to make the best use of the layout.

Any bites on old blue yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man, all that storage space is amazing! Nice truck, Brian! VERY nice truck! You'll be getting fatter in no time flat! :P

Back